Phone contract Advice

highhopes19

Reaction score
Looking for some advice please regarding my Vodafone contract.

I pay £25 a month for a blackberry curve (not the new style either) for that I get 300 minutes , unlimited texts and "unlimited" Internet. Since taking this contract at the end of October 2011 for 2 years. I've found other contract deals ALOT cheaper .

Also I lost my blackberry on holiday in June which they know of and sent me a new sim. I pay an extra £5 on the contract that brings it up to £25 a month for blackberry services. But now I no longer have a blackberry I can no longer use these services.

Is there anyway I can change my contract? To make it a little cheaper

Thankyou x

I had a phone with o2 and after a certain amount of time I was able to lower the contract down from £45 to £21 a month, over the course of about 6 months. I'm not sure if Vodafone do the same but you could give them a ring. Also you should be able to remove blackberry services - I had it on my current contract and had it removed as I got myself an iPhone.

My oh had blackberry services removed and when two yr contract was up he kept handset and went on sim only contract and pays less than £10 a monthfor 200 mins i think and unlimited texts. He is with t mobile.

I think you can normally 'downgrade' your contract but to get out of the contract all together you will gave to buy out of it, normally its your monthly payment x how many months of the contract left.

I work for vodafone :flower:

No you cannot downgrade your contract, its what you signed into and agreed to pay for the duration unfortunately. You can change it 75 days before the end date of your contract and get a new phone etc.

You CAN however remove the BB services. It is an add-on and not part of the original contract, call 191 and just ask the advisor to removethe BB services and they will stop charging you for it.

Hope this helps xxx

I called my provider last night (T-Mobile) to ask if i could downgrade. They said no but theyre going to give me £5 off my contract for the next 3 months to try to help.

Thankyou for all the advice about this girls.... Luckily I now have a blackberry back yay!

My little sister got me one bless her.... I knew she could be nice sometimes lol

Xxxxxxx

T-Mobile won't let you downgrade until the last month of your contract, when it's pretty pointless if you're going to cancel. I think you would be able to take off the blackberry services though. When I wanted to remove my blackberry service (mid contract) customer services initially said no but I complained and they were removed. They wanted me to pay a penalty to remove them but I was clear when I took out the contract that I needed to be able to take them off at any time (I knew I wouldn't be using that sim for two years in a blackberry) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->