photographic memory??

beckybumpbaby

pregnant and mummy!
Reaction score
I was told by my HV there is such a thing called photographic memory... its when you only have to show something to someone just once and they remember it well.

well it started about 2 months ago when before bedtime i drew a triangle, square and circle and told Hollie what they were she repeated them and that was it, next morning she came and told me exactly what they were without me asking her, then i counted with her and she done 1-10 missing out 7 but hey and now showed her abcdefghij and she can tell me all of them!!

only showed her twice.

has anyone else heard of this? she is to clever its scary and she is not even 2 yet!! lol oh plus the HV told me off for teaching her too much because when she goes to pre-school she will know too much to be taught! xx

Thats ridiculous, if she is capable of learning that now then well done! Why should she be held back and wait until the government think she should be learning that?

Sounds like she is doing brilliantly! you should be proud :D

x

It's otherwise known as eidetic memory and is really rare. Hollie may have an eidetic memory, you probably won't know for sure until she is older but it's a real gift!

That ridiculous - since when has there bin such i thing as learning too much!!! Ur lil girl is clearly very talented encourage it all you can i say!!

Thats ridiculous, if she is capable of learning that now then well done! Why should she be held back and wait until the government think she should be learning that?

Sounds like she is doing brilliantly! you should be proud :D

x

oh i know its mad for them to say that it really got my back up!! she came to weigh max and as soon as she came in Hollie was counting 1 - 10 and doing her alphebet she does it a-z not problems apart from the lmnop bit she says ellaellapee!! so cute and funny!! as i always make a big fuss about it so she likes to show everyone what she can do!!
she then started quizzing hollie on everything - she said " whats this animal then" holding flash cards up and she went through them all each one correct, but she was not just saying cat, dog it was brown cat it says meow! and black and white dog says woof woof! well the hv thought shed catch her out and showed her harder animals and she got them right! like rhino, zebra, and even armadillo!!! lol

i have only gone through these cards once with her but she remembered every one of them, also when we read a book she will be able to the next day turn the pages and read me (obviously not the words) but what is happening in the story, she knows all her colours, down to even silver, gold and clear!

well the hv face was as if she had just come out with the word bollocks or something, she was discusted! i have now asked to change hv because i think she is so clever she should not be put down for it, it would have been a completley different story if she hadnt known anything and didnt speak to her, i dont understand hv sometimes as if they always have a bone to pick with something to make u feel bad. i also think that if they are not " textbook" they panic as they dont know what to say!! THE THING THAT BUGS ME MOST IS MY HV HAS NO CHILDREN OF HER OWN LOL!!!

and i am so proud of her i cant even begin to tell you how much!!

xxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->