Physical effects they dont tell you about

hannpin

Mummy
Reaction score
Hi all. I have been wondering about this for a week or so, wondering if I am normal or not. I would love to hear your experiences if you would like to share :flower:

For those who don't know, we had to make the hardest decision ever, to let our little Harri grow his wings. He had severe spina bifida, and we chose that I would take the pain for him :cry: I gave birth to him 27 days ago after a medically induced labour.

Since this time I have, as well as the things they tell you about, had many weird physical effects to my body. wondering if anyone else has had, or is going through this?

Firstly my hair is falling out. And I mean in clumps!! Not to the extent that I have bald patches (well not yet) or n e thing, but I only have to touch my hair and I have a hand full.

Secondly I have really bad eye strain. I feel like the muscles attaching my eyes are severly stretched, all that eases this is closing them

and thirdly I have really bad chest and upped back pain. I feel like it is hard to catch my breath on times.

thanks for reading ladies xxx

what are you are experiencing may be extreme grief.
I've experienced those sort of things, (also occasionally hives that disappear and reappear) when something awful happens.
I'm terribly sorry for your loss and I hope things look up for you.
Be strong, because you have another child who needs all of you.

so sorry for your loss. i agree with monsthers it could be greif. Not the same i know, but when we lost my mil to cancer, my hands and feet went numb, and my husband got a form of meningitis

:hugs: I agree with the others..
I started having panic attacks when i lost my son, and regularly felt like i couldn't breath..
its very early days for u, so go easy on yourself , it will take time to feel anything like normal again.. i still have my bad days over 7 months later..
:hugs: take care XXX

you need to take things easy hun, more easier said than done i know both physically and mentally.
it does sound like extreme grief and stress.
have you had your eyes examined? pregnancy causes a big strain on the eyes and also labour too. i would just go for a quick check up with your opthalmologist to make sure things are with them.
as for your hair falling out mine done that too and has done ever since, about a week after we lost ryan. it used to take two people to cut my hair literally and now i feel a though i have no hair left. i wash it and the bath is covered in hair or i comb it and it's absoutely full and clumps on my back and on the floor. that really is a huge sign of stress <sigh> :hugs:
have you have any help from your doctors or bereavement team from your local hospital?
thinking of you hun :hugs:

Good Morning Sweetie!

I haven't had all your symptons BUT the eye strain yes, I haven't went to the doctor or anything, just thought maybe it was from ALL the crying I've been doing lately ... I don't know ..
I have heard of ppl lossing their hair after something very tramatic & what you have been thru babe, I consider to be the worst thing a human being can go thru..

I think you need to give yourself time & let your body & mind move along at it's own pace ... Just keep breathing, and know you are an amazing, strong woman!

(( Big Hug!! ))

The only symptoms I have really had was anxiety and almost a panic attack :cry: My heart beats fast and when i cry I feel like I am going to explode :cry:
I am so sorry we all have to go through this .
I love all you ladies and I think you all are the strongest people I have ever got to know.xoxoxoxoxooxox :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

i would say a mixtureof grief and also normal child labour symptoms... i.e having children does mak your hair fall out... my hair still falls out when iwas it after both lilly and charlie...

eye strain.. i have managed t get a sty-i personally think due to stress grief and tiredness yours could be similar..

not sure about chest and back pains
xxxx

i agree with the ladies hun grief just takes over your body at times, and stress is a major factor in causing your hair to fall out. make sure you take some time for yourself to relax even if its only sitting in a quiet room and breathing deply for a few mins!!!

make sure to take good vitamins to keep your defenses up the last thing you want is a flu or anything to knock you down again! giving birth at any stage is very traumatic, i actually think i just went into shock i can barely even remember it! i know its hard hun but looking after yourself is so important, even just going for a massage or facial can help, just to relax and unwind because if your totally stressed out then that will add to your panic attacks also!

hope you will be ok huni xxxxxxxxxxxxxx :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->