Picky eaters

ani

Reaction score
So after a few months of quite happily trying new foods and being a fairly good eater, LO has decided that he only wants to eat the food he really likes. He is now spitting out most of the foods I give him, making a whole show of it, blowing raspberries and crying. It's not a question of refusing to eat altogether though, as teething etc., since he is quite happy to eat what he likes, ie. fruit and bread and sometimes potatoes.

We're veggie so I'm trying to be extra careful to give him enough proteins, iron, good fats and so on, so now it's getting really frustrated as I just can't get the food in anymore. Foods that he used to like previously (like lentils with carrot and coriander) are just spat right out.

Ideas? How do you deal with it?

I think he's a bit young to be able to do too much, but what I would do is only offer the foods you know he needs to eat first, don't let him see the other stuff, and try and get him to eat that first. Maybe by letting him feed himself or play with it, even if it doesn't seem like he gets much he's getting enough to get by even if he's just trying here and there. He really doesn't HAVE to have solids at this point so I would just encourage him to eat what you know he needs, and then offer the other stuff after

I'm having this problem too.
AJ will quite happily eat a pudding or a yogurt or fruit but nothing savory. I've tried not giving him anything but savory and he'll be starving and still refuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->