PID and large ovarian cyst after miscarriage...ugh!

~LunarMagick~

2yo son TTC#2 after loss
Reaction score
I recently miscarried at 7 weeks. A couple weeks later, I went to the ER with awful pelvic pain, and they diagnosed me with PID as a result of the miscarriage being incomplete. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days being pumped with antibiotics through an IV...then I had to take antibiotics orally for 2 weeks. Last Friday, I had a followup and the doc did an ultrasound. They found a really large cyst on my right ovary. We're gonna wait a few weeks to see if it goes down any. If it gets bigger, I will have to have surgery to remove it and possibly my right ovary and tube. My hormones have been going nuts since the miscarriage, and I haven't even gotten my first cycle yet. My skin is so broken out, it's almost like being a teenager again! My question is, do you think it could be hormones that is causing this cyst to get larger? If so, is there any way to quicker regulate things after having a miscarriage? This just seems like it's taking forever, and I'm just wanting things to get back to normal so we can try again. I've been spotting and bleeding on and off for about 7 weeks now, and I'm so ready for it to stop! Thanks for all the help fellow TTCers! Lots of sticky baby dust to you all! Good Luck!

I don't know what could cause that, but I hope it works itself out. That would be awful if they had to remove the ovary and tube!

I know what you mean about the waiting and the breakouts. I feel the same way - It's been 46 days since my MC and no sign of AF yet, but my face has been just awful!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->