Pierce/Piers and Lachlan

lovemysweetie

Reaction score
My names all honor family or have special family meaning. Besides that I am attracted to nature names (preferring the less obvious ones, like Espen "God Bear") and seem to like the softer sounding names.

I have been getting help in searching for names that mean "river" and "rock". This is for a certain city (that I wish not to state online) that has special family meaning. It was not any easy task. :winkwink:

Pearce/Pierce/Piers and Lachlan were suggested.

I have always loved Lachlan. My concern is that my top girl's name is Livia. My current son's name does not start with L. I think I prefer not having siblings share a first letter, unless I chose them all to share my current son's first letter (and that is something I do not want to do either).

Then I thought Pierce or Piers (I do not like the Pearce spelling) Lachlan would be a handsome combo. It would also mean rock and land of the lochs, very close to rock and river.

Do you prefer Pierce Lachlan or Piers Lachlan? Do you pronounce Pierce and Piers the same? Someone also suggested that Piers seemed more like a name while Pierce seemed more like a surname.

My names all honor family or have special family meaning. Besides that I am attracted to nature names (preferring the less obvious ones, like Espen "God Bear") and seem to like the softer sounding names.

I have been getting help in searching for names that mean "river" and "rock". This is for a certain city (that I wish not to state online) that has special family meaning. It was not any easy task. :winkwink:

Pearce/Pierce/Piers and Lachlan were suggested.

I have always loved Lachlan. My concern is that my top girl's name is Livia. My current son's name does not start with L. I think I prefer not having siblings share a first letter, unless I chose them all to share my current son's first letter (and that is something I do not want to do either).

Then I thought Pierce or Piers (I do not like the Pearce spelling) Lachlan would be a handsome combo. It would also mean rock and land of the lochs, very close to rock and river.

Do you prefer Pierce Lachlan or Piers Lachlan? Do you pronounce Pierce and Piers the same? Someone also suggested that Piers seemed more like a name while Pierce seemed more like a surname.

I like Pierce Lachlan best

Pierce - Pee-er-s (sharp s)

Piers - Pee-ears (softer ending)

sorry its hard to explain the different pronunciation as its very similar

Piers reminds me of Piers Morgan or those wooden walkways over the sea

Pierce reminds me of body modification, I knew a girl called Pierce it suited her well but I think its very unisex

Pierce sounds like a name Piers looks really weird to me. I don't think anyone would decidedly pick that spelling when Pierce is pretty standard. It sounds like a surname because it is? Surnames as first names are great, though, and I like it with your middle. Nice combination!!

Okay, I did not know they had different pronunciations. I thought they were both pronounced peerz. I feel that peerz has a soft sound. I am not a fan of peers (with a hard S sound). In my opinion, I find it harsh.

Thank you both.

I like Peirs Lachlan.

Pierce sounds much shorter and harsh as it as a strong 'c' ending. Piers has a softer drawn out sound with the 'S'.

I prefer Pierce, which is pronounced like "I would like to pierce my ears" pee-erce.

Piers, is more like "I peer into the window" pee-erz.

:)

Lachlan Pierce sounds awesome IMO

Piers sounds like peers (soft S)
Pierce sounds like pierce ears (hard S)

I prefer Pierce, which is pronounced like "I would like to pierce my ears" pee-erce.

Piers, is more like "I peer into the window" pee-erz.

:)

^^ This

I love the name Pierce, as it reminds me of Pierce Brosnan, who is my favorite modern day James Bond actor.

Pierce Lachlan sounds well together!

I think Pierce Lachlan or Lachlan Pierce are both awesome names! :thumbup: I love either combo!

I pronounce it the same as "I want to pierce my ears." (peer-ss)

I suppose if i saw the name Piers i would pronounce it slightly differently (very slightly) - more like "peerz"

So slight its sort of hard to even explain - maybe:

Pierce like two separate syllables and
Piers more like one syllable

:shrug:

I like Pierce better!

I used to know a little boy named Sylvan - which means "wooded area" - sort of goes along with your nature theme.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->