Piggy banks

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
Does your LO have one? What are you gonna use it for?

Josh has his and since he was born we empty the change in our wallets (The 1$ and 2$ goes in the piggy bank) I'm planning on allowing him to open it only on his 5th birthday (once he can understand a bit) and treat himself !

Sam has one in the shape of the world. I keep saying its for when he takes a gap year and goes off to travel the world! Its a good job it will be a while before he can go, as he wouldn´t get very far at the moment!!

We have one that OH puts all his loose change in (he hates small coins) once a month we transfer it to one of Oli's savings account, she won't be able to withdraw it until she is 18, by that time she'll know the value and maybe it will help after education, the 2nd acc is the goverment inspired one (child trust fund) we don't tend to transfer as much to that 1.

maddi has two. one at my mums where my dad and gramps put all their £2 coins in it and i get maddi what i want/need out of it (it builds up so quickly, you wouldn't believe!)

she also has money in her money box here, at home, which we put money in that people give her and what we want to give her (she currently has over £200 in their for when she wants/needs something)

She also has a current account, that my grandad has put money in and the governments child trust fund.

though i have no idea what she's going to do with this money, she's more interested in the remote atm :dohh: x

Leeon has a piggy bank too Whenever ive been out shopping or anything i keep the notes and just empty all the coins into his money box xometimes if i can afford to il put a note in too not sure what will happen with the money keeping it for now incase he needs anything but i think it will go into his savings account x

We have one for Peyton, it's the shape of a pig and has green and blue dots on it. It has a lot of pennies and $80 dollars in it. We plan on starting a trust fund or savings account for him (that he can't touch till he's a certain age like 18 or 21).

Hannah also has a piggy bank and we've already had to empty it and put the money into her savings account it was that full of money people had given her!

Yes, Rhiannon has so much money given to her when she was born we had to get her one, we've had to open an account to hold it in as so many people keep giving her money!! (last count it was over £1,000)
its in a Lloyds TSB "little savers" account and when she is 11 its goes over to a curret account which we are going to leave untill she leaves school, hopefully there'll be enoug there for her to do/buy something she reaaly wants
(car, holiday etc)

Colton only started having one in the last two months or so. He "had one" before but we got into it :muahaha:
He was like 70-80$ right now.. I plan on starting him a back account soon and saving it for his first car or school.. I dont know yet.

the kids both have bank accounts, when they were born people gave us cheques to put in for them, we also have a piggy bank in the house for £1 coins and when it gets full i split it and put 50/50 in each bank account.

the kids cant access their money until they are 18 and rhys already has over £500!!!

Jasmine has one that we put all change into, and once it gets full we put it in to her bank account, so far she has 3000 in it, but that includes money for xmas, christening and when she was born.

Not yet but I'm going to get one today thanks to this thread. Think we'll use it for her college fund

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babygiftcoll
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->