• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Pilates?

candeur

Reaction score
Has anyone on here been to pilates classes? Are they any good/worth the money?
I want to lose a bit of weight but more than anything I need something that will help me tone up a bit!

I had a DVD that was pretty nice. My mom has it though. I know the DVD is worth the money but I am not sure how much classes are.

Pilates is great for toning. It also good for your mind as well, helps you de-stress!

Maybe go to your local library? There are loads of pilates for wieghtloss/toning books at mine. You could take one out and photo copy the exercises you like the most?

Pilates concentrates on your core muscles and inner strength. I'd recommend it for toning more than anything but I'd pair it with a bit of cardio if you want to lose weight.

What I will say is if you go to classes and come away not feeling anything, let the teacher know. It's hard to get the conditioning right at first and you really need to 'feel' it the next day to know it's working.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->