Piling the weight on all of a sudden..

Brightxeyes

Reaction score
I easily piled the weight on with my last pregnancy. I went from my BMI being 'underweight' and a small size 6, to eventually wearing size 14 pants, I finally had boobs and god were they huge, my bum was huge, everything was huge.

Today I looked in a full size mirror (don't have a full size mirror at home.. I might have to get one!) and my god, I knew my bump had suddenly POPPED this week, and I can't even say it's bloat, but my bum and back of my thighs look massive.

Like.. I'm sure they weren't this big just a mere week or two ago?

I do want to join Slimming World so I can get into healthy eating habits, but at the moment, I can't afford to. So I am trying to generally eat better. But this obviously isn't enough as I'm still piling the weight on.

I feel AWFUL already and I'm only 20 weeks. I was really down about how I struggled to shift any weight until I had a sickness bug after pregnancy. I would literally lose a pound and then gain the pound back, so I'd be hovering around the same weight for months and months before anything changed.

Everyone changes in pregnancy and it will go :hugs:

You don't need to pay to find a healthy relationship with food. Google is handy for a little research, one of the girls on Social Slimmers is very good with SW questions, clean eating is easy to follow and understand ...

<3

I think with slimming world there's enough information out there that you could probably do it yourself without going to the classes. I would try hot beat yourself up too much about it. Maybe you hold more water during pregnancy?

Yeah I'm trying to look up slimming world recipes online so I don't need to pay just yet. But I don't understand what all the syns and hexa hexb is. So I guess as long as I pick good healthy recipes that should be okay?

I was just shocked at how quick I'd piled it on the last week or so. Like I don't mind the weight going to bump, but it almost feels like more is going straight to my bum and thighs!

I've had a google around for some gentle exercises and we have said weeks ago we want to go on more walks when weather permits it. Shame it looks a bit rainy on and off over the next couple of weeks!

I'm making bookmarks of recipes right now actually! Including snacks!

Try lchf.. Its healthy, you won't have to starve and it's good for our babies. There are tons of sites online about lchf and keto, only I wouldn't recomment keto in pregnancy because ketosis can be harmful.

You should search for blogs which explain sw, and if on instagram there are loads of people who post meal ideas.

I’m 20 weeks tomorrow and feel enormous. My face has started to put on weight which is how I know I’m getting really big, but I haven’t actually put any weight on in about 2 weeks. I’m worried how much more I’ll put on by the end. In my last 2 pregnancies I put on 3 stone and I’m already close to 2...

I put on weight in spurts with my second pregnancy. I'd go weeks without gaining then gain a lot over one weekend, without changing my eating habits. Then another lull, then another burst. It all evened out in the end. I did end up doing some prenatal exercises, ones I found on YouTube and Suzanne Bowen's DVDs. It didn't make me lose weight obviously, but it helped me feel more grounded in my body, and that helped manage the panic over weight gain. I had an eating disorder in the past and I know how it messes with your head. I hope you can enjoy your pregnancy and embrace the changes!

I'm feeling the same. I feel like I've been cravings sweets more this time around. In return It's made me gain more than I wanted so far and I just felt gross.

I did go back to eating low carb a few days ago. I upped it to a little more carbs (30-35g) than I would if I was doing it not pregnant(20-25g). I wanted to add a little extra for lower in sugar greek yogurt and berries. It's hard, but I feel sooooo much better overall.

Another good website is skinny taste. It's WW, but the recipes are honestly delicious and my fiancé and 2 year old love everything I make from there. It's my go-to when I want to make something new!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->