Pineapple?.....

Emsy26

Mum of 4 & Wife-To-Be xx
Reaction score
Ok.....So I'm officially full term tomorrow, M/W suggested loads of things to get labor going...

Spicy Food - Hate Spicy Food
Sex - Er.....Thrush and Haemorrhoids r stopping that one :blush:
Walking Upstairs Sideways - Can do that, once :rofl:
Pineapple - This is the ONLY one I feel comfy doing....does it have to be fresh pineapple? How much do you have to eat? Does it work? xox

Thankyou Ladies xx

I keep wanting to eat some nice pineapple, but daren't incase of anything happening! lol
xx

I believe it does have to be fresh, and you have to eat loads of it...like 7 whole pineapples or something along those lines... try it though and let us know how you get on!!

Yeah I'm sure it's 7 whole pineapples, but honestly, after like 10 chunks my mouth is so sore, how could u do 7 whole ones without your tongue dropping off?

sex is the one i have heard, but i am off it but OH keeps trying to get me in the mood x :blush:

Hmm maybe we can make smoothies out of them???? Might help with the burning :D

8 a day? My god! I am not looking forward to that!

I only fancy a fruit salad sized box! haha!!

In poorer countries (so ive heard) pineapple is used as an abortionate in the very early weeks as it forces the uterus to contract, so at full term bringing on labour.. but i actually heard it was 10 :S eek thats a burny tongue!! xxx

I second the smoothie one....mmmm that actually sounds real good!!!!!!! wonder if that would have any less effect? Like dulling down the pineapple, ohh i dont know! :dohh:

No clue but willing to try pineapple at snack times and before bed. Darn diabetes. if I didn't have it I would be trying to scarf it down.

I'm a bit worried now, is it ok to eat pineapple during your pregnancy??
It's one of the things I really enjoy eating at the moment :dohh:

Thanks
Laura

It fine to eat.. just dont eat 10 full pineapples in one day lol xx

I heard somewhere that all the fruit acid if u were to eat 7 pineapples would do u alot more harm than good... dont know if thats the case though:dohh:

ouchy... i hate eating loads of pineapple cause it feels like i am slicing up my tounge! i pray that everything goes smoothly with me... i dont want to be seeking out ways, like eating 10 pineapples a day!, to induce labor... theres got to be better ways!

oh, i heard using a breast pump can stimulate uterine contractions. way back when, women would even "borrow" other womens infants to suckle to try and induce labor. i dont know how well it works, but its been recomended by some of the mothers i know.

the whole breast stimulation with a pump or fingers can make contractions start. If you rub your nipples with the tips of your fingers for a good 10 15mins you will probably notice contractions....but your nipples will get sore. They way it works is the body will release oxytocin which is a hormone to start contractions. I've heard it works but once you stop rubbing usually the contractions stop as well.

I also know that evening primrose oil capsels on the cervix works to ripen the cervix and start contractions as well. simply break the capesls and you or your husband can rub the oil from inside the pills on your cervix and move it around alittle bit....many women have notice contractions the next day after this.

Hope this helps! Good luck!......gosh i've never made it past 34weeks i would LOVE to go full term.....but i'm sure it's a pain lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->