pineapples...

bibicakes

Mother to Isaac
Reaction score
so living in hawaii, every pregnant woman has sworn by eating pineapples help induce labor. i don't believe it, but my mom's coworkers swear by it. it's supposed to ripen the cervix. well, it supposedly the fresh pineapples that work.

anywho, now that i've eaten the pineapples i'm starting to feel period like cramps. i'm kind of getting excited. i'm hoping i get contractions tonight. fingers crossed!!!

I just read about this.. how much did you eat?

Interesting........I have been eating pineapples for months as it's one of the things I have been craving..

Intriguing. I haven't heard that one before! Sure cant hurt. GL! X

i ate two the other night did nothing for me except make my tongue sore haha. hope it works for u though

You would apparently have to eat 20 fresh pineapples for it to have any effect and some research indicates that the type of compounds that pineapple has, they may be in the same family as the prostaglandins that induce labour but they don't have the same effects at all xx

ok, few hours later, i'm still having period like cramping, no contractions just yet. might not even get any, but this is the first time i've ever experienced cramping this long. and i know it's not dehydration, been keeping myself hydrated so i don't know if that means anything?

but i ate a half a pineapple, including the core. i'll post again tomorrow if something or nothing happens.

I always thought it was the pineapple core that ripens the cervix.... not the part that we normally eat...

I've heard this but again haven't heard its much use! I'll give it a go though as its definitely one of the nicer things to eat to ripen cervix!
The raspberry leaf tablets make me bork they taste terrible!!!

Instead of eating a bunch of pineapples you could try taking the bromelain enzyme supplements. The protein powder I have has bromelain and papain (papaya) enzymes in it, so I've been adding that to my smoothies.

Still pregnant and now the cramps are mild but still there. Strange feeling. Kinda sad it didn't work but I knew it was too good to be true. But it was fun keeping you all updated. Haha!!

When the time comes, ill still "try" this method as an excuse to get DF to buy me some pineapple lol one of my favorites. But I have heard you'd have to eat like at least ten of them, including the core. And I'm not big into the core :/

with my firat, i ate 3 whole pineapples, the hottest curry on the menu, and had a scorching bbth.
he was srill 7 days late and i had to be induced and have waters broke haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->