Pink spotting after constipation

candypanda

Reaction score
5 weeks today and just been to the loo to try for a number 2 (sorry if tmi!) and failed as I'm constipated...had lots of cramps before going to the toilet and shooting pains down below...and I've noticed a pink spot in my CM Sat here crying my eyes out now and already called in sick to work. I don't know what to do, does this mean it's all over?

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you're feeling so upset! I can relate, though. I actually had a miscarriage in December and now this time around, everything puts me on edge. I've had a bit of a pink tinge after lots of pushing to try to have a BM and its kept me awake for hours, worrying. I tried to start back up running, and then had one small incidence where I wiped a small amount of bright red blood. I actually stopped breathing for awhile, I was so terrified. Once the constipation went away or I stopped running, so did the pink/bright red blood. Cramping still happens, but it's truly related to gas/needing to poo, for lack of a better way to put it. I ASSURE you that what you're experiencing is perfectly common and not something to overthink, though I know that's impossible being in your shoes! Everything in your body is much more sensitive now that you're pregnant, lovely. Deep breaths. Massive hugs. May the rest of your pregnancy be happy and healthy.

Oh sweetie, I'm sorry you're feeling so upset! I can relate, though. I actually had a miscarriage in December and now this time around, everything puts me on edge. I've had a bit of a pink tinge after lots of pushing to try to have a BM and its kept me awake for hours, worrying. I tried to start back up running, and then had one small incidence where I wiped a small amount of bright red blood. I actually stopped breathing for awhile, I was so terrified. Once the constipation went away or I stopped running, so did the pink/bright red blood. Cramping still happens, but it's truly related to gas/needing to poo, for lack of a better way to put it. I ASSURE you that what you're experiencing is perfectly common and not something to overthink, though I know that's impossible being in your shoes! Everything in your body is much more sensitive now that you're pregnant, lovely. Deep breaths. Massive hugs. May the rest of your pregnancy be happy and healthy.

Thank you, your words are really reassuring.

I've also noticed today that my boobs are no longer sore. I have a scan in 5 days...hope to see something positive but lost all belief that this well end well :nope:

Symptoms wax and wane, so unless you've started to bleed and cramp, it's not over. The first trimester is just something we unfortunately have to white knuckle through as there's no guarantee and it all seems to be guess work. Women can have tons of symptoms and lose their baby and vice versa. Women can have no symptoms and have a healthy baby and vice versa. Before we get pregnant, we imagine it to be a time of happiness, but the first trimester is THE. WORST. It drags on and there is so much that can be read into or provoke anxiety. Try to focus your mind on your love for your little one vs focusing on the possibilities. I know it's way easier said than done, but all you can do is try. Maybe look up some short pregnancy meditations on iTunes or YouTube. I'm sorry you're feeling the way you are, but I completely understand. You want nothing more than to continue being a mother. I'm rooting for you and your little one. Massive hugs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->