Pins and needles

xxxemmaxxx

Reaction score
I seem to be getting them so easily.. waking in the night and my hand feels twice the size with them. Even pushing the buggy and I start to get them..

Whats going on?!

I would ask the doc/midwife about this hun. I don't know what it could be, but it's one of those things that might be a symptom of something. On the other hand might just be to do with blood vessels expanding etc, but I'd say ask someone.

Sounds a lot like my carpal tunnel, I only get it in pregnancy with fluid retention! It gets bad towards the end but then gets better a few weeks after baby!!

Have you had it everytime Pink? I had carpal tunnel with ds2 in the 30 week era and it felt different to this as it went up my arm.. this is pins and needles that feels like a bees nest is on your hand haha!

Sorry Emma! That sounds awful!!! I would get the pins and needles with the carpal tunnel but it was also often a pain that ran up my arm. And my hands always felt swollen and uncomfortable. Couldn't grip stuff, hard to write or eat or do anything. They would go numb quite often. I had it in one had with dd1 towards the end and then it started really early with dd2 and was in both hands. Haven't had much issue yet this time around!

Agree with pp. sounds like the beginnings of carpal tunnel. Common enough during pregnancy and usually starts sometime in the 2nd tri. Usually related to fluid retention. Can be worse with summer pregnancies, especially in warmer climates. Pain, pins and needles can radiate up the arm.

I recommend looking into carpal tunnel braces to wear at night so you don't flex your wrists while sleeping, which is a common thing for most people and can make symptoms worse. Unfortunately, there isn't much else to be done during pregnancy for it. Giving birth is the only solution and the carpal tunnel goes away within a few weeks to a few months after birth and after you lose a lot of fluid retention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->