Placenta accreta anyone?

laila 44

Reaction score
My OB is worried my placenta may turn accreta as its looking funny these days as though it's right on or near my csection scar. He mentioned close monitoring and MRI to be sure a tad further down the line. Also he wants me back in 3 weeks to check again... I'm worried now. Baby is massive measuring 13 weeks with a huge head and abdomen and placenta is anterior. Anyone have experience with this? OB said worst case is hysterectomy! Wtf!

Placenta accreta is definitely very serious, so its good your OB will be doing extra monitoring. Its pretty rare to be diagnosed prior to 20 weeks though. The good news is knowing about it early will allow them to be forearmed with an action plan at birth to reduce the chances of a serious hemhorrage.
If your Dr insists that a hysterectomy is the only way to manage accreta then do please get a second opinion. Yes there is a chance it may become necessary (not to scare you but if it *is* accreta you will need to be prepared for the possibility) but there are certainly other measures that can be taken.
Please make sure you speak to your Dr about the associated risks, and seek a second opinion etc if you are not comfortable with your provider's ability to manage accreta (or bedside manner etc). You may also wish to seek councelling and a surviving accreta support group in advance.

:hugs:

Thank you. Yes it sounded serious but he also didn't sound like he was sure. He did mention he sees it as way to close to my csection scar and if it grows in that direction then it can easily become accreta. He mentioned monitoring and MRI. He also checked 4d blood flow and confirmed that the area near my csection scar is "vascular". I'm gonna start praying...

That's scary. They are on the ball though. It's a serious condition with a lot of risk fr you at the time of delivery. Try to relax & pray it doesn't develop into accreta.

It sounds scary, but also sounds like your doctor may be highlighting that you have risk factors that may develop as placenta accreta. It's good that he wants to keep an eye on it, but if you're not at all comfortable that he knows what he's dealing with then definitely seek a second a second opinion, to:
(a) make sure the diagnosis is correct, and
(b) make sure you get the most appropriate and safest treatment if placenta accreta is diagnosed.

I hope it turns out not to be a problem though x

Thanks girls. Absolutely I'm taking it very seriously. I don't think my Dr would have mentioned it if he didn't see red flags. Placenta is anterior not on the scar yet but close... I will be doing and MRI later on to evaluate the status fully. I'm stressing like crazy from all I've been reading....I'm hoping it doesn't get there but then why would he mention it :(

Oh Laila I really hope not this is what I've been worrying about even before getting pregnant! I too have had two sections and am paranoid I'll have an anterior placenta. I don't know where mine is yet. I'm very interested to read this and just to say I'm hoping everything turns out just fine and it doesn't get as far down as your scar. Sounds like your dr is on the ball which is great xx

I hope that isn't the case for you. Idk what my placenta is doing atm...at 12 weeks it was low, but that would scare the hell out of me too!

Oh Laila I really hope not this is what I've been worrying about even before getting pregnant! I too have had two sections and am paranoid I'll have an anterior placenta. I don't know where mine is yet. I'm very interested to read this and just to say I'm hoping everything turns out just fine and it doesn't get as far down as your scar. Sounds like your dr is on the ball which is great xx

Honestly thank god for my OB! He's been practicing 40 years and has delivered over 20,000 babies he's super well respected in his field and knows his stuff. He mentioned my placenta being close to my scar at my 9 week scan imagine! He said he's watching me closely. I also had an anterior placenta for my first and it turned out fine so don't worry if it's anterior Hun it's only anterior accreta that's a problem. I've been reading and the majority of women don't even find out they have this until delivery which is when shit hits the fan. I'm going to go for an MRI later on to see if it's really accreta bc as of now he's not sure. He thinks he saw a dividing line but wasn't certain. I'm going back in 3 weeks to double check :)

Good luck! II really hope all works out well! Doctors do inform you of the WCS and that is scary. I just hope that your placenta sticks to the side it should be on and doesn't cross over.

I'm also very paranoid about having accreta. Was told at 12 weeks that I have anterior placenta again. This will be my second csection. I asked my ob if placenta was near the scar and he blew me off saying it's too early to tell. I was kind of annoyed. My next appointment is Dec 22 at 19 weeks. I'm so nervous! I'm a surgical nurse and seen my share of bleeds and I just try not to think about this upcoming surgery lol I hope your surgery will be smooth, without any complications and you have a fast recovery.

I'm also very paranoid about having accreta. Was told at 12 weeks that I have anterior placenta again. This will be my second csection. I asked my ob if placenta was near the scar and he blew me off saying it's too early to tell. I was kind of annoyed. My next appointment is Dec 22 at 19 weeks. I'm so nervous! I'm a surgical nurse and seen my share of bleeds and I just try not to think about this upcoming surgery lol I hope your surgery will be smooth, without any complications and you have a fast recovery.

Thanks Hun same to you. It is early too tell but insist he takes it seriously and sends you for an MRI if need be to check and be 100 percent sure there isn't accreta. That's what I'm doing. I don't want any surprises during delivery that's for sure!

I just had to google what you meant and I really hope things take a turn for the better. I hope it turns out that everything is normal an I'm sorry you're going through this. Pregnancy is so hard!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->