placenta accreta with first. anyone else?

stephj25

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I was just wondering if anybody has had this. I had the 2nd stage (increta) with my first which means my placenta was embedded in my muscle. After labor I had 9 units of blood transfused as well as plasma. I almost died.

I have my first consultant appointment on Thursday morning. I think I need to have an mri scan at some point but I'll know more Thursday. If I have it again though, the only thing they can do is be prepared with blood (they can't prevent it or operate etc.)

If anyone else had this, how are you feeling? I'm coping ok I think cos I figured if I have got it again then at least this time they'll know about it before I hemorrhage severely.
Inn more concerned about my husband, he thought he'd lost me last time. When we found out I was pregnant, the first thing he said was 'i don't want you to die'. We'd been ttc for 18 months!

I didn't have increta, but I had a retained placenta with my first. Dr. described it as having to peel it away, but it did come away. I had no problems with my second, placenta came right out. They did, however, make sure to turn up the pitocen to "coax" it out as soon as possible.

I had accreta with my first. I was actually sent home and had a late hemorrhage 3 weeks postpartum because of it. Even after an aggressive d&c i hemorrhaged more! I'm so scared it will happen again.

My ob plans to do a very managed placenta delivery, be prepared with blood, and do a bedside ultrasound right after the placenta is out. She said she may do a balloon thingy in my uterus to make sure it stops bleeding quickly.

I'm sorry for what happened to you. I know how scared you are, i am too. I guess a lot of times it happens again, but sometimes it doesn't. Hopefully we will have an easier time this round :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->