Placenta at the front ??

nainie

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Had an ultrasound the other day and OB mentioned placenta was on front wall of uterus. She said thats fine everything normal but i just may not feel LO move til bit later as theres a few more inches to feel it thru .

Anyone else know where their placenta is lying ?? Has anyone had it on front too ? Does it make any difference ??

I can't wait to feel bub move and thought i was getting close but now im thinking it may be at least another month :(

I have an anterior placenta - its very common and makes no difference at all. It hasnt restricted feeing movement for me but I know it can.

x

i got an anterior placenta, i didnt feel movement untill last week... when i asked my midwife she said thats fine, i could take up to 23/4 weeks to feel!!
hope that helps

I have one of these too and the only thing is that OH can't feel it. With Caitlin he felt her moving and kicking at aobut 18-19weeks and with this one he still hasn't felt it yet,

With Caitlin I felt movements at about 18-19weeks with this one it was about 15 weeks so it makes no difference I dont think really xx

Mine is at front aswell and i had no problem feeling kicks at 18weeks. Although i never feel hiccups unless im lying on my side i dont know if this is a coincidence and baby only has them when im lying down or i just dont feel them when im not lying on my side because of the placenta!

Mine was at the front too and I didn't feel anything until about 20 weeks (and even then it was only flutters). Definitely didn't make a difference to the huge kicks later on though :rofl: x

I have an anterior placenta and was told the same as you but it has never really made a difference to me feeling LO's movements to be honest.

Yup - I have an anterior placenta too! Felt flutterings from 16 weeks, and ended up at pau cos worried about movement and had a scan on Friday to check all was well - Bug was dancing all over the place and kicking seven shades of shite out of me but I couldn't feel it! However, since Friday night I have felt kicks and movements, low down and my bladder is being used as a punchbag! So you will feel stuff eventually! I am waiting til about 26 weeks to really feel the movements!

xxx

Mine is apparently posterior, I wasn't told this, I read it on my notes when I got back from my 20 week scan. I assume that means it points towards my back/bum??? I felt my first early popping feelings at 19 weeks , Now at nearly 23 weeks I can feel a bit more movement, but still not like what I imagine a proper kick will feel like..........

Thanks Girls

Good to know it wont make too much difference .

Ill just have to be patient !!! I HATE being patient !! :)

Im suffering from the dreaded impatience with you Nainie! I havent felt anything yet, not even a flutter! (i also have an anterior placenta)

Mine is anteria too and I haven't felt any thing significant as yet that I can say was a definite movement. It's normal

On my notes it says 'high anterior' so I'm guessing it's at the front at the top. Maybe it'll protect my lungs and ribs a bit when this lil man starts kicking me harder!

Hey, I have a frontal placenta as well, I've felt movements since early on around the 13-14 week mark, but my other half has only felt one kick (that was the other night while i was lying on my side) and I'm now 24 weeks.. But I have a question regarding sleeping... As my Doc and midwife keep on at me NOT to lie on my back at all, as it can cause lose of blood to the baby and harm me... Has any1 else got the same problem?? I try to sleep on my side but get woken from my OH about 5-6 times a night to make sure I'm ok and that i haven't rolled over..

I've got an anterior placenta too, i can feel movements, but my other half can't feel them from the outside. I didn't feel any movement until the 20th week.

Its very common don't worry. My placenta is the complete opposite, its right at the back, plus I'm a slim person so there's no cushioning for the kicks. The only thing they worry about is if its low lying and they will check for that at your 20wk scan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->