Placenta moved from high to low?

Moussecake

Reaction score
I have had regular scans due to dd1 being premature. Scans at 8,12,13,20 and 28 weeks all showed the placenta as posterior high. I have had a growth scan today at 32 weeks and they said its posterior low?

The consultant wasn't that informative and just said 'don't get in a tiz, you have another scan at 36 weeks'. She baisically said its either moved down as my wombs grown or the baby's head was blocking view and the sonographer was wrong?!

I am wanting another c-section anyway so that part doesn't bother me, but its like the consultants have no time for anyone.

Has anyone else experienced this late on in pregnancy? I have 4 weeks of wondering if the sonographer was wrong now!

No, your placenta can't move from high to low, unless your uterus shrunk (which it hasn't) or it's become detached (again, it probably hasn't or you'd know it!). It's very likely that one of your sonographers was just wrong or didn't really bother to check. I had 2 20 week scans because my daughter was in a weird position the first time. On the first report, it says my placenta was high, but at the second, we found out it was low. Actually, the first sonographer thought it was probably low too, but she couldn't confirm it because of the position so she made a note of it on their records, but decided to put it as high on my notes since she wasn't 100%. It was low, but moved to high by my 36 week scan and I had a normal natural birth. They can only move one direction, so yes, probably just that one of them was wrong or didn't record it properly in your notes.

Thanks for replying. My uterus hasn't shrunk, my fundal height is measuring 5 weeks ahead!
The consultant just said its a bit strange and will review at next scan. Funny thing is, when we asked sonographer how things were looking he say everything looks fine?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->