Placenta previa anyone?

mamawolf

Reaction score
Hi ladies I’m not in my 3rd trimester yet but I have complete previa that hasn’t moved at all from 19 weeks to 23 weeks. I have another ultrasound at 27 weeks to check it again.

I was just wondering if any ladies that have been through this could tell me their stories?

I had low lying placenta in first pregnancy and by week 32 it moved completely.

This time around I was marked as major placenta praevia at 20 weeks and have been having scans every 4 weeks, next one on Thursday. By 28 weeks it had move slightly so not classed as major however, my midwife doesn’t seem overly concerned as she says most praevia takes to the last stretch of your uterus to move... she described it as the rubbery bit of the balloon being the last bit to be blown up if that makes sense. She said live life as normal but If have any bleeding to go straight it.

Xx

Also additionally, I’m an aerobics instructor and was told to carry on as normal pregnant person and continue having sex as the penis won’t be able to reach cervix. “Just don’t go poking sticks in there” is what I was told Just read your other thread where I see you’ve been put on pelvic rest. -I know everyone is different but mine seems to have been the same as yours but different advice. I was also classified at major anterior placenta praevia. Hope you’re coping ok!

Had it with my first pregnancy, too. I was put on pelvic rest but due to bleeding (unsure if it’s related but I had recurring subchrionic hemmorage). But the placenta migrated away from my cervix eventually and had a vaginal
birth. Like pp I was advised to head to the ER if I had any bleeding but my last bleed was at 16 weeks. Had to rest for around 2 weeks after it’s occurrence but everything was fine after.

Have you had an internal scan? I was told at 18 weeks my placenta was touching the cervix. Consultant scanned me for 45 minutes and said I will likely have a complete previa. Got scanned 10 days later (again abdominally) and was told it was 2.5-3cm away, then internal scan said 6-7cms away. Apparently abdominal scans are very inaccurate. At 26 and 30 weeks was told placenta is anterior high. No sign of previa.

Worth asking for an internal scan if you haven't had gone as they are more accurate.

Update;

At my 28 week scan they FINALLY did an internal scan and when it appeared that my placenta was still covering the cervix. Internal scan showed it was 4.5cm away. So everything is good!

I have placenta previa. I'm nearly 37 weeks. Mine never moved :( well not enough for normal delivery anyway. At 20 weeks it was covering. Internal scan at 32 weeks showed it was 8.4mm away from cervix. And last week at nearly 36 weeks it had moved to 16mm away. But they like it over 20mm for vaginal delivery so I'm booked for a C-section at 39 weeks. It's not ideal and not what I wanted but we have to do what's best. Good luck

Crap. Just seen the date you're all good :) pleased for you.
I was the 1 out of 10 that didnt move :(

Update;

At my 28 week scan they FINALLY did an internal scan and when it appeared that my placenta was still covering the cervix. Internal scan showed it was 4.5cm away. So everything is good!

Good news! I don't understand why they don't just do an internal scan if they suspect placenta previa.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->