Placenta previa at 32 weeks

george83

Reaction score
Has anybody been diagnosed with this? And if so were you given any advice? I had my follow up scan today and the sonographer said my placenta is still too low and diagnosed it as placenta previa. In the past I've heard horror stories from other women as to how serious this was for them but I wasn't given any advice. I just wondered if any of you had been in the same situation and been told anything more? Thanks in advance :flower:

I was told at 32 weeks as well that my placenta was lying low, less than 2cm from cervix, which they start to consider high-risk. So i've been seeing a high-risk OBGYN hoping placenta would move up. I'm 38weeks tomorrow. It didn't end up moving up at that point, but baby's head has started to engage and is moving the placenta out of the way. As long as it stays that way i'm good for a vaginal birth. Altho, i can't have the homebirth i was hoping for. I was told originally there was a chance it'd move up but i didn't find much to support it actually doing that at that many weeks. I hope yours moves up.

I was told at my 12 week scan that my placenta was close to but not covering cervix and that it could move in the course of the pregnancy. It hadn't moved at my 20 week scan but still wasn't covering my cervix. We have another scan next week so I guess they'll check again. If it has moved and starts to cover my cervix then they will do a csection.
Also just to add, I've had no problems with this at all. And they didn't tell me expect anything.
Hope yours is ok. Xx

I had a low-lying placenta at the 19 weeks scan, but it had moved out of the way by the 32 wk scan. However, I was very worried about what happens if it does not moved, so I asked earlier what to expect. The 32 wk scan is not the final word; they would still do another scan at I think 36 weeks, and I think they would not even do the c-section without a final check. So, you could still end up in the safe zone. Different places have different policies, so be sure to come with questions at your next prenatal appointment. Good luck!

Thanks ladies, I do go back again in 4 weeks for another scan so hopefully by then it will have moved and be nothing to worry about. The sonographer wasn't phased at all when she was talking about it so hopefully it is more common than I realised and will sort itself out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->