Placenta Previa & Posterior?

L

Lost7

Okay, so at my 16 week gender scan they picked up I have placenta previa. However I now have to wait until my 20 week NHS scan to find out more, what grade it is etc.

My placenta is posterior (less chance of moving).

Want to hear your stories with PP, hopeful ones please. I could really do with some Hope right now.

Just wanted to say I'm in a similar position, my 20 week scan showed complete grade 4 PP also posterior. I have another scan at 28 weeks to check if it's moved but from what I've read it's unlikely to 😔

I had a really normal & stress free pregnancy & delivery with DD so it was a real shock.

The only advice they gave was absolutely no sex or any sort of activity down there as it can cause bleeding.

They should refer you to the onsite midwife after your scan who can talk you through it more. You never know it might have moved by then!

Good luck x

PP buddies! :wave:
I'm glad you're from the UK (not even a million miles away either) and that they are checking you at 28 weeks. I joined a CPP group on FB and they have said they usually get checked at 32 weeks! :shock:

This said group has given me much inspiration, posterior PP's can and do move.

In hindsight I have several 'markers' for a CPP, Multiple pregnancies, even a multiple birth, 3 caesarean sections and 9 miscarriages, and of course the dreadful D & C I had in 2009.

I should get some real advice at 20 weeks. No sex doesn't bother me as I am a single Mother. What does bother me is if they want to hospitalise me because of the bleeds I am having. I have no support from friends and my family wanted me to have a termination so are again not talking to me.

Keeping everything crossed mine moves for 20 weeks and yours moves by the time you're 28 weeks. Good luck PP buddy. Keep us informed. :flower:

I had placenta previa with ds3. Found out at 20 weeks and had a follow up scan at 32 weeks where it still hasn't moved. I had no differing advice from my midwife compared to my other pregnancies and that was even after phoning her specifically to question it after my 32 week scan. She even assured me I'd be able to fly on a holiday booked before I knew I was pregnant which meant flying at 34/35 weeks. The day before my final scan was booked for at 36 weeks I did end up with a big bleed which resulted in an emcs but up until my pregnancy was uneventful

It's normally 32 weeks they scan you again but I have a scabby thing on my cervix that causes spotting so they want to check me earlier, I will be gutted if it hasn't moved by then, I really don't want a c-section 😔

I feel the same as you. This is my last baby and I wanted to even things up. 2 VBAC's and 3 Caesareans. I want to end it on a high note.

I'm a single mother and I can not afford to be out of action for 3-6 weeks as well. I also nearly didn't make it with the past 2 caesareans. I really don't want a caesarean. Agonising waiting for the 20 week scan. If they tell me they will check it at 32 weeks I will demand they check it sooner. I will not be left that long, not knowing. :evil:

Just joining in to chat! I'm 24&5 and am currently in hospital with bleeding and pp. mine is mostly anterior but also goes up the posterior wall too.

Seems like I might need to be in and out of hospital if I keep bleeding, I have a large pool of blood under the placenta by the cervix exit.

Anyone else had much bleeding? X

Just joining in to chat! I'm 24&5 and am currently in hospital with bleeding and pp. mine is mostly anterior but also goes up the posterior wall too.

Seems like I might need to be in and out of hospital if I keep bleeding, I have a large pool of blood under the placenta by the cervix exit.

Anyone else had much bleeding? X

:wave: Mrs W (I think I remember you from TTC boards though I could be mistaken lol). How are you?

Sorry you're in hospital due to bleeding. :hugs:

I've had 3 episodes of brown spotting and 1 episode of red spotting but my Posterior PP story reached it's climax on Thursday 28th April during a Foetal Echocardiogram ultrasound..

I asked her to verify the location of the placenta - to my surprise my Prayers have been answered. It's no where near my cervix, in fact it's all the way at the TOP of my uterus.
This needs confirming at my 20 week scan of course but I remain much more hopeful - though it does leave me wondering why I've been bleeding!

Hope your bleeding settles down soon and you can come home - also hoping your PP moves out the way for you!

I had placenta previa and a posterior placenta. I was scanned again at 33+6 and it had resolved xx

Excellent news for you lost7, I have my scan 5 weeks today and I have everything crossed it's moved, I want my dam water birth!

Sorry to hear you're bleeding Mrs W, I've only had spotting but that's more down to the erosion on my cervix apparently. Either way I hate this limbo, it's bad enough getting my head round the idea of a c-section let alone this awful threat of bleeding.

I've been feeling a lot of kicks in my cervix so hoping that means it's on the move....

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->