placenta previa

cupcakekate

Cooking baby #3 :)
Reaction score
hi ladies :flower:
I just wondered whether there is anyone here in third tri who has or had placenta previa and if you would mind sharing your experiences?

I had my 20 week scan on Friday which showed my placenta completely covering my cervix and also showed that my placenta has two lobes. I've been told that in the majority of cases the placenta moves up as the uterus expands, but have also been told to watch out for bleeding and head to hospital straight away if this happens.

I've not had this in either of my last pregnancies, so was just interested to hear from anyone who may have had this or still does? Thanks in advance x

I have had placenta previa with all three of my pregnancies. They diagnose at your 20 week scan and they schedule a follow up around 32-34 weeks to see if it moved. My doc said that 90% of the time the placenta moves out of the way as your uterus moves and grows. This has been true with all 3 of mine. Altho they still remain quite low and near the cervix they move away from actually covering it. I wouldn't fret on it too much until you get that second scan. If your placenta doesn't move, you will need a C-section.

I have a friend who has a PP & she's now 32 weeks. She's scheduled fr a C-section & after a big bleed at 30 weeks, she's on modified bedrest fr the rest of pregnancy. It was scary, but she & docs know what's happening. She is closely monitored.
Most of the time though, placenta will move up. I've not had PP, only a very low lying placenta in first pregnancy. Was not an issue.

My mom had complete placenta previa with my brother. It caused a big bleed around 20 weeks, but had moved up completely by 33 weeks when he was born (his prematurity was not caused by the previa in any way).

I was told I had a low lying placenta at my 20 week scan and today I had a scan at 32 weeks to see if it had moved up.. It hasn't.. They said its only slightly covering the cervix but that baby's head is resting on it or something.. I've got to go back in 4 weeks to see if it's moved out the way.. Xx

I had a low lying placenta with this pregnancy it was 1.2cm alway from my cervix. at a follow up ultrasound at 24 weeks it had already moved to 8cm away from my cervix. Also my best friend has placenta previa with both of her pregnancies and both times the placenta moved and she was able to deliver vaginally.

I was also told at my 20 week scan that my placenta is low and I'll need to go back at 35 weeks for a re-scan. I'm not too worried I've heard it's likely to move by then xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->