Placenta previa

chelsealynnb

Wife & mommy <3
Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just had my 20 week ultrasound today (I'm 20.4 weeks). They said today that I have placenta previa. At first she said "complete placenta previa" & low placenta then checked again half an hour later to see what it looked like with something in my bladder and said with a full bladder it could be partial placenta previa & low lying placenta. I'm so worried about loosing this baby now. My doctor said pelvic rest and no heavy lifting, and I have a follow up ultrasound in 4 weeks to see if anything has changed. I've already had like 5 ultrasounds due to my history of losses and this is the first time they have seen the placenta previa. My doctor did a good job of not making me panic, then I googled it :dohh: so now I'm super worried. Can I hear your stories of PP, including how far along you were when it was diagnosed, etc? Thanks in advance.

I had placenta previa with ds3, I was told at my 20 week scan that it was low lying and had a re-scan at 32 weeks which confirmed it was placenta previa. At no point during any of my appointments did my midwife say anything about things I shoukd/shouldn't be doing. After my 32 week I too googled it, panicked and phoned my midwife who still then told me I had nothing to worry about. She even told me I was ok to fly on a holiday booked before I knew I was pregnant at 34 and then back at 35 weeks. However by fluke at my last appointment I saw a more senior midwife who seemed to take it much more seriously. She still didn't tell me to go on pelvic rest or no heavy lifting but pushed through consultant appointments etc.

I ended up starting to bleed at 36 weeks and when I went to hospital to get checked they decided to deliver baby there and then. I think they main thing I would advise you is any bleeding go and get checked even if you think it's nothing. I'm sure you'll be fine you're doctor seems really on top of things and I think it's only a concern if it goes undetected.

Just bumping this up to see if anyone else has experience with placenta previa? I had low lying, partial placenta previa at my 20 week scan and had a growth scan booked for 28 weeks anyway so they said they would check where placenta was then.

However today I started brown spotting/bleeding. My midwife came over to assess me and we heard baby's heartbeat and all seemed ok but she said it's likely due to the placenta moving/lifting as baby and my uterus grow.

She said to be prepared for it to happen again with heavier, red bleeding and to be ready to go straight to hospital and possibly be kept in if it does. She said pack a pen overnight bag ready and that unfortunately this might involve a lot of hospital trips.

Just feeling really scared now, had IVF for this baby and just want him to arrive safely.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->