• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Placental cysts?

wavescrash

Mom to 3 girls.
Reaction score
Popping in from 2nd tri because I figured if anyone could help it would be someone further along/nearing the end of their pregnancy.

I had my NT scan today and the doctor mentioned 3 placental cysts and said we'll follow up on them at my 19 week scan. I didn't receive measurements yet but this wasn't done by my OB, just an ultrasound facility and I only briefly spoke with their doctor. I tried Googling thinking tons of helpful information would pop up but nothing really did.

Most stories were of women that only had 1, not 3 like I do and their answers varied. One said her doctor said it was a soft marker for Downs. Another that said her doctor told her she'd probably have to deliver early and via c-section. One that said it was totally fine and just burst in the OB's face when she delivered the placenta. Another said it was close to the umbilical cord and they were worried about it suffocating the baby and then a medical study saying they believe it's responsible for IUGR.

I imagine since I just had it done today, my OB hasn't yet received/reviewed the scan for me to talk to her about it and I won't see her again until the 27th. Did or does anyone have placental cysts during their pregnancy? What did your doctors tell you? What has been your experience?

Thanks!

They found one very small one on a scan I had at 34 weeks and the doctor wasn't concerned at all. It was on the opposite side to the umbilical cord- I think they would have been more concerned if it was close to the cord. Chances are they're nothing to be worried about, so try to stay calm at least until you hear from your OB!

Beca :wave:

I have 3 placental cysts jus found out and no imformation anywhere, did they affect your baby at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->