Planned c sect at 38 weeks but can I be induced?

MummyIwanabe

Twin Mummy!
Reaction score
My previous twin pregnancy last year ended up with a placental abruption at 28 weeks 6 days. My twins were luckily ok in the end and spent 7 weeks in Scbu - I had them by emergency c sect.

This time my consultant suggested c sect at 38 weeks as risk of p.abruption is higher after 38 weeks but they'll only do a c sect they won't induce me or I can wait and see if I go into labour naturally until my due date where they'd want to do c sect anyway and again not induce me.

Consultant said I prob had p.abruption cos of twins and hopefully this time ok. I am petrified of another c sect they got my mess wrong and I felt way too much and ended up being knocked out. I want the chance to try naturally but I've been told I would prob end up c sect anyway and p.abruption risk higher for natural labour.

Does anyone have any previous experience/knowledge as I wonder whether it's just my consultant or wether others have been told same. I'll do whatever it takes to hopefully make sure my baby arrives safely but given the choice I'd really like to be induced at 38 weeks and at least try as the recovery will be better for me and for looking after my twins and new baby not to mention my awful experience previously :(

My hospital absolutely *will not* induce if you've had a previous section. There's a much higher risk of the uterus abrupting with an induction. I'm in a similar situation (abruption with my first at 35 weeks, section under GA) and I'm ok having a section again, if I have to. It's what's best for baby, and baby is my biggest concern. However my hosp are letting me to as far as 41 weeks with regular checkups (every two weeks at the moment, I'm sure that will increase when I'm closer - I'm 31 weeks now).

My hospital won't induce either once you've had a section due to the risk of uterine rupture.

I was induced at 38 weeks and it was awful, a 5 day induction that ended in a c section, the earlier they induce you the more likely it is to fail.

Hopefully a planned c section would be a lot less stressful for you than an emergency one. Good luck :flower: xx

^WSS
they dont induce if you had previous section, I went with elective because I didnt want to end up with an emergency section again and be knocked out. With the elective everything was planned and calm, i was awake and my hubby was in with me, best choice i made!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->