Planning a 15yr Olds b-day party help please

NicoleLJ

Mom to 6 beautiful Kids
Reaction score
Ok I have never posted in this section but I have in others. So some might find me and my story familar esspecially if they have read my blog. Right now my daughter who is 14 is in foster care(full details to why is in the blog) and we just recently got back in contact :happydance: . Anyway the last time I threw a party for her was when she was 9. And she asked me today if I could plan her 15th B-day party. That will happen in the middle of November. I know, far away right? Wrong. My daughter is used to the parties I threw her. They were theme parties. Her favorite was a fairy theme one. I made 10 girls fairy see through skirts and wings for them to wear, had a spring dance pull for them to wrap ribbons around, fairy puzzles that I made for them to do and so many other things. I would spend the year planning for my kids bday and making the things for the party so even through they were elaborate they were not expensive since I made just about everything by hand.

So she has asked me to plan this years party. I have missed 4 b-days(not willingly) so I want to make sure that this one is memorable. Here is the thing. She wants it to be a dragon/fantasy theme party that is geared towards 15yr old girls. I have tried researching dragon/fantasy party stuff and all that comes up is things for little kids. I have already lost 3 months worth of time to plan and work on this and with having a baby home that cuts some time down too. So I need to make sure I get started on this now.

It needs to be planned for 5-10 guests as well. The things I need to gear towards this dragon/fantasy theme is:
decor
food
costumes
activites
and gifts

She has asked for some of the music to be from the movie How To Train Your Dragon but not have the party just around that movie since it is more of a kids movie. She also said to help to look at the Inheritance books(or those who have seen the Eragon movie since that is from the first book in that series). I have read that whole series as well. So I thought to get this ball rolling the best bet was to come to the creative moms here and see if they can help me come up with anything. Thanks in advance.

Well, if you search the web for Chinese New Year, you could probably find some instructions on how to make paper dragon decorations. Maybe you could tailor them to something similar to the one in Eragon? I haven't seen the movie, but maybe you can pick a memorable scene and try to decorate your house to match? No idea if that is even possible, but it's a thought. You could do something in the shape of dragon eggs for food. And if you have a comic book/gaming store in your area, you might be able to find some fantasy themed gifts to use as favors. Sorry, I can't help with specifics since I don't know the Eragon story very well. Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->