Planning a 1yr old birthday party...

missjess

Mummy of a prince
Reaction score
So, I'm thinking of planning Josh's birthday already and I was wondering how did you guys plan your LO's 1st bday party? How many guests, did you let them play with the cake? You invited any other babies/children?

Well ive already got max's planned out :) heres what we are doing
this will take place in my MIL's back yard ! there will be a few friends from daycare and BNB wink wink
and some family

We will fill a small 7 ft wide pool which is 2 ft high with some balls (like they have in the jungle gyms) and let them play in there .

There will also be some large papers against the fence with water paint for the kids to paint on ..and a small poll to wash up.

as for the cake I will have one that will be only icing and max will be in his diaper only and get to do what ever he pleases with it ! and one for us to actually eat ..

other then that its mostly games for the kids to play and a BAR for the adults to have fun at

We are going to go to the zoo then have family and close friends over for cake and ice cream.

Do as i did with Carly and take Ella to the sea life center then to a reasturnt to order her first meal :)

Jasmine is 1 next month and I have no idea what to do

Ive been looking at invitations/theme stuff for Coltons. I'm not sure what I want to do it in. Was going to be monkeys and think I might stick with that. I was going to get a monkey shaped cake dish and have my mom make/decorate it to look like a monkey (with different icing colors).
Other than that, I'm just decorating in baby boy colors, inviting some of our close friends and all of our family. Other than the babies in our family, I dont think any others are coming. We dont know many other babies.
And Colton will get his own cake to play in. Probably have the big cake for everyone else, and his own little cake/cupcake. Or might just give him a slice of the big one.

Not sure what all I'm going to do for Hannah's first but I do know family will all be invited and we will probably do some sort of bbq/cookout. I do want her to have her own cake to eat/play with :happydance: Actually can't wait for the icing face pics

i have been thinking about this a lot :happydance: going to invite family and friends and hold a princess themed tea party x

Do as i did with Carly and take Ella to the sea life center then to a reasturnt to order her first meal :)
This is exactly what I did and I think I recall right the idea from Kay herself :mrgreen:

We spent the morning with hugs and prezzies not being rushed for anything, got ready and went to the sea life centre and although we weren't there too loong it was something new for her which she took to with amazement then we went on to pizza hut and she fell asleep lol We didn't get back til later evening when she woke up had some dinner we had cake with her and opened her last biggest prezzie of the day & bed ....

So me, OH & Caitlin ...you know what it was the best day I recall us having in so long as a couple or a family. It was lovely!

Family came a few days after and I'm glad thats how we did it.

Bumps 1st will be the same!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MrsA3000
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->