Planning my first homebirth!

natural_mamma

Reaction score
Ok, so this is my 3rd child, and I am now planning my first homebirth! I was given the option with bub 2 while I was in labour, from my midwife who was at home with me, but I chose to go to the birth centre (which s what we originally planned), because my sister had had a transferred homebirth a few months prior, and still wasn't dealing with it! I kick myself now for it, but you can't change what's happened!

So this time, I applied for a homebirth, I met all their chriteria, and was accepted immediately with the midwife of my choice. YAY! :happydance:

Now, I haven't spoken to DH at all about my plans to have a homebirth, I wanted to wait until at least the second trimester, I am 12+5 ATM! After DD2's birth, we came home from the centre and DH said to me "Wow, they really didn't offer us anything there hey, we could've done that all here", so I'm hoping he accepts my wishes easily!

I just have a bit of a silly question, I have a corner spa in my bathroom, and in my 2 previous labours, a bath made my labours worse, pain wise, should I consider a birth pool? or, just use the bath if I decide at crunch time that I'd like to try it again?

Congrats on making such an empowered decision!

As for bath thing. I have no idea =/ :shrug:

I think that depends on how deep your corner tub is. If it goes up to your armpits then that's enough water to ensure that your tummy is resting easily in the water but if it's quite shallow like most tubs then that could be your issue. I think it's the buoyancy that you're looking for.

Jenniflower, thanks hon, thats what I needed to know! I was questioning it, because although my tub is rather deep (when sitting in it, the water does come to my armpits), it isn't as deep as a birth pool.
during my previous births, I tried the tub for pain relief and it made the contractions escalate to a harder intensity, and I wasn't too sure why! She shower was bliss!

The depth is important but also wether you will be able to move around in the spa easily as corner baths can be quite narrow. Birth pools that you can hire/buy for homebirths are larger than a bath and give you loads of room so that you can change position as and when you feel the desire.
Hope that helps x

Do you think this will have enough room? I've never had a water birth, so I'm curious!

You can't see the whole bath, but you get the gist, my 2yo is in it having a bath....LOL!

https://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii77/ldemiri/July09162.jpg

Sorry, for some reason photobucket removed it! :( Doesn't matter!

not sure about birthing pool as my labours are too quick to use one, but did have my 3rd at home and im going on for fourth at home, its an amazing experience.! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->