Plans for after baby?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by happyfamily123, Oct 3, 2008.

1. happyfamily123

happyfamily123 Expecting Baby #3

Given some of our struggles in ttc and finally getting our bfp, dh and I started talking about plans after the baby is born. Are you ladies going to go back on birth control or continue charting to avoid getting pg or what? I don't think I want to go back on birth control, what are you girls thinking?

2. princessellie

princessellie Pregnant with #3

i dont think i will go onto bc really, will most likely not have sex for first few months anyway i reckon and after that will use condoms as it is prob not a good idea to get preg so soon after giving birth hehe

3. There's no way I am going back on birth control... our hope is to have another one straight away! At my young age of 37 - and soon to be 38 - we don't have any time to spare :rofl:

4. Laura--x

Laura--x Guest

i am so going on bc :rofl: i couldnt cope with more than one baby at 17 i think. x

5. Arcanegirl

Arcanegirl Bazinga!!

Back on bc for us for def, just not sure what yet.

6. CamoQueen

CamoQueen Mom of 2 & 1 on the way!

Interesting question! I'm going back on bc... but the "mini pill" instead of the regular ones because I'll be breastfeeding. And yeah, I would cry if I got pregnant again right away. Gimme at least another 3 years!!!

7. starryeye31

starryeye31 2nd tri ~Its A Boy ~

Im going back on low dose birth control pills , I liked them they made me lose tons of weight .

8. captain-ally

captain-ally Well-Known Member

I'm not sure yet, but be careful if you're on depo provera (sp?), which is the injected BC that lasts 3 months at a time. My girlfriend had her baby and they gave her a shot of it in the delivery room. It didn't work (go figure) and she was pregnant again almost immediatly after the first baby. You're supposed to wait a month or two before going back on it, so that all your pregnancy hormones are clear.

9. MarshMellow

MarshMellow Laura, Mark, Ben and Bump

Weirdly enough I was thinking about this this morning. Ive not been on BC since 05. and it will be 09 By the time I need it. Might do the coil or the implant. But havent spoken to DH yet.

10. snettyb

snettyb Well-Known Member

I'm probs gonna get the marina coil put back in. It took me 5 months to conceive which felt like forever but isn't really. I suppose the coil just works for me, no pills no periods no worries :)

11. faille

faille Mummy & WTT

Haven't really thought about this actually.. I'll prob go back on the pill so it helps my periods become regular as that's one thing I do want to try and have some control over for when we start trying for the next (or should that be "if":rofl:).

12. Monkeh

Monkeh Dexter's Mummy

The coil for me I think. Don't want to go back on BCP ever ever again!!!

Though I have nobody to BD with anyway so I won't have to worry about it for a while!! :rofl:

13. elmaxie

elmaxie Mummy to Nathan & Hannah.

We used condoms before ttc so we decided thats what we will go back to after the baby is born.

Emma.xx

14. **angel**

**angel** Mummy to 2 little boys!

defo not going back on the bcp as dont want all the fake hormones so not sure what we will do yet xxxxxxxx

15. destiny27

destiny27 Well-Known Member

I'm going on bc after i have baby.

dont think i want any more after this one

4 will be more than enough lol