Plans for the holidays.

DCS

Reaction score
Just looking for inspiration really. It all needs to be UK based. Close to the east Midlands and cheap. Just wondering what everyone's plans are.

So far all I have is play dates with friends, a stop over in Birmingham to watch itng live and sea life.

Have you put in your area on Days Out With The Kids? I've found loads of great ideas of things to do with the children on there during weekends and holidays. They have quite a few things on there that are reasonably cheap or even free (at least they do in my area anyway I'm not sure about everywhere else)

I normally work the six weeks holidays so my mom has my eldest (she's a teacher) and I don't have to worry! But this year I'm on maternity leave so am trying to sort out some things to do with my eldest and my lo will be 12 weeks, I'm dreading it!!
Hoping the weather is nice so we can go to a few parks, might do a trip to sea life centre and ask my mom to have lo, we are on holiday for a week so that will break it up a bit and other than that I haven't got a clue!!

Another recommendation for daysoutwiththekids. Have a look to see if there are festivals or fetes going on nearby, we're big fans of county/farm shows. Maybe have a look into geocaching, DS loves it. You can go on walks, picnics, nature trails, local lido/water play. Since we have a small baby our summer holidays are short this year, we're going to Devon for 5 nights in August.

I plan to go into London for the day with him, take him to the beach, check out your local museums/libraries/archives they often have free events and activities. We've it Woburn and Drayton manor tickets to use. We're going to go to a big estate house nearby that has activities on, and pick your own. My 2 are 5 and 2 but my youngest is in nursery so something like going into London for the day would be lovely just my eldest and I as its still just a bit too epic to do that with the both of them by myself. I've got him for a week, my husband is off 2 weeks (not sure what they'll do!) he's going to my mums for 2 weeks so that's a great time to see all our family (as we live 4 hours away) then I've just got 1 week I'm stuck with, would prefer to not use a holiday club but really need to plan!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->