Plasters...

Sarahdisco

Mummy to Jessica
Reaction score
OK ladies, need some advice.

Had my implant removed on Thursday last week. I'm allergic to the adhesive on Steri-strips so I've got a lovely big fat stitch in my arm which is due for removal on Wednesday.

The nurse put a white adhesive dressing over the stitch to protect it which now... I'm having an allergic reaction to! :cry: (Red rash, really itchy... feels hot then cold)

I'm guessing I cant leave it open as the stitch is visible but is there any other dressings you can suggest - otherwise a trip to the Walk in Centre is happening tonight! As I was getting a reaction I removed the dressing and threw a normal plaster over it (not normally allergic) but even with this I've got the reaction... It's driving me mad!!!

Could you hold a dressing in place with a bandage just for the next couple of days? I feel your pain as I'm also really allergic to plasters.

Thanks - I'm currently sporting a rather unattractive bandage to keep it in place! Never usually allergic to plasters - think it might be hypersensitivity on the inside of my arm cause I don't normally get reactions from plasters. The nurse did say that I might be developing a reaction and it may get worse. Deep joy!

Stitch comes out tomorrow evening - cant wait now as I know the skin is healing as its itching like mad (no sign of infection) and once the stitches are out then it feels like we're over a hurdle in terms of NTNP.

Just wondering now how long it will take till my body is back to normal in terms of AF etc. Now I've had implant out OH is getting really excited about the prospect of being a dad and me getting pregnant so I'm almost holding back cause I don't want to start pinning my hopes on it every month!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->