Playdate!!!

Marleysgirl

Mum to a SCBU Warrior!
Reaction score
Well, Andrew (my boy) met Millie (Sherryberry's girl) for the first time this morning for a playdate ... They never actually met in NICU, they were always in different rooms!

We had a blast. Andrew is not used to playing with other children, he's very independent; whereas Millie is the total opposite, a complete people person. So she kept crawling over to him, and he kept trying to ignore her and/or escape :rofl:

More importantly for me - maybe for Sherry too, she'll post later - was the chance to compare our babies' development. They are at very similar stages of crawling & cruising (Millie has learnt to lift her feet to walk, Andrew hasn't); we have similar problems with weaning and lumpy food (Millie is tolerating some lumps though Andrew has more teeth!); and reassuringly for us, they make very similar vocalisations. We also compared notes on Paediatricians, Consultants, Dietitians, Audiologists, pre-school services etc.

So now, instead of comparing Andrew to other babies of his age and worrying about him being behind, we have a benchmark, so to speak :winkwink:

Both of us have said that we will definitely meet up for more playdates :thumbup:

Iv not been on here in months but that is really great! It will be good for the kiddies too and for you as mothers to talk xx

i think its definetly better to talk to premie moms they are the only one's with babies that i talk to cause i find its more applicable to my situation

Thankyou to Marleysgirl and to Andrew, we had a great morning! It was so wonderful to see Millie and Andrew together and both of them looking so healthy and doing so well. I have a picture of them both, I have not uploaded it to my laptop yet, but I will try to add it to this thread before I hit the sack.

As Marleysgirl said, it was nice to be able to see that they are progressing at very similar rates, they are like two peas in a pod really, similar size, similar in terms of development! We look forward to seeing you again some time soonv:thumbup:

Awww that's fab! It's lovely when they've got a little friend at a similar stage :thumbup:

Too cute!!!!!! :kiss:

https://i807.photobucket.com/albums/yy357/sherryberry1979/007-1.jpg

Here is a pic of the two rascals together, neither of them were being very co-operative though I have to say!

Andrew was blowing a raspberry in that photo! But it was the best one ... You can see how similar they are in size - and in the amount of hair they have! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->