Playground Spervision At School

J

Jade--x

Does anyone know what the law is regarding dinner time supervisors in primary schools?

My brothers school only has 2 dinnertime supervisors and they both stand talking to each other and not supervising the kids and when like today children go up to them to report other children hurting them (my brother got grabbed round the throat scratched and kicked by another boy) they just ignore them!

I'm sure by law they have to have so many per the number of children but I can't seem to find it online

Can't help but just wanted to say that's terrible what happened to your brother! :growlmad: I'd be fuming!

My mum is fuming it's a boy that he's had loads of trouble with before and so have alot of other kids but he's one of those that always get away with it and if anything the school reward him with special treatment :growlmad: x

That's awful hun :(

I have no idea about regulations or anything but I do know that they have to ensure safety. If things aren't right then a complaint needs to be made :flow:

There have been a few issues of my son getting bullied in break time, lunch time etc. I've marched into the school before now and demanded to know what is happening, I can't say it's completely solved but they do take me seriously xx

Hope this helps:

This means that during breaks and lunchtimes for children aged 3 and over in nurseries or maintained schools (except for in reception classes):

There must be at least one member of staff for every 13 children

At least one member of staff must hold a level 3 qualification

Sample local authority guidance on midday supervision ratios

Torbay Council’s guidance on lunchtime supervision for Key Stage (KS) 1 and 2 pupils points out that ratios should be based on an assessment of the risks at each school. It also says that the following ratios should be used as guidance:

Nursery 20:1

Infant 30:1

Junior 75:1

https://www.usethekey.org.uk/staff/...fing-ratios/supervising-breaks-and-lunchtimes

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->