Playing music to your LO

elm

Mama
Reaction score
Just wondering who's playing music to their LO and if you are what you're playing.

I'm going to put together some lovely music but haven't really started yet - thought it was time to get a move on with it! All the nice songs I've found so far seem to be a bit sad and I don't want sad ones so I've just got 'Here Comes the Sun' by The Beatles so far...

:hug:

He gets a mixture of music, I play all sorts from Robert Johnson (blues) to Deftones. He seems to react more to Hubbys choice things like led zepplin, queen and some heavier stuff like Acid bath and municiple waste (don't know if any one will know them). I have sang to him when I've been on my own but only ever 'You are my sunshine' coz I call him my little ray of sunshine every morning

I love Here Comes the Sun Elm!!! Having said that, The Beatles are my favourite band so I love all their stuff. In My Life was our first dance song at the wedding.

So yes I think a bit of Beatles brainwashing might be necessary along with alot of classical music like Tchaikovsky and anything from the Romantic period. I think DH is going to give his lot a try so it's going to be a mixture of classic Beatles pop, proper classical music and Garbage, hmmmmmm!

I am going to do this when I get around to it, but I am singing to her atm... I don't have a great singing voice lol but hey she will recognise me then when she is out. I make up songs lol and sing to my cat, I am a bit of a freak :rofl:

I always have music channels on at work, and at home, but Grape doesnt really react, untill last night, i was sitting in bed on the laptop with the soundtrack to JUNO on, and Grape was going mental, kicking and moving!!! Hmmm onder if it means love or hate...

All the songs I like are a bit sexy for LO! I'll have to find some more "appropriate" tunes to play!

My LO loves the upbeat disney tunes such as "cant wait to be king" "under the sea", "Bare necessities" and "hakuna matata" :rofl:

lol at Neecee, I think you've a while to wait before you need to be too worried about the sexy tunes!

I suck and never get round to putting any music on so keep forgetting to listen unless DH is home. I've played some classical on the piano and my Mum is going to lend me some nursery song books as my preg book says 25 weeks is the time to sing songs to help the development of the left and right sides of the brain by bringing music and words together.

Generally LO gets what we want to listen to but seems to have a particular penchant for White Zombie...

lol at Neecee, I think you've a while to wait before you need to be too worried about the sexy tunes!

I suck and never get round to putting any music on so keep forgetting to listen unless DH is home. I've played some classical on the piano and my Mum is going to lend me some nursery song books as my preg book says 25 weeks is the time to sing songs to help the development of the left and right sides of the brain by bringing music and words together.

Generally LO gets what we want to listen to but seems to have a particular penchant for White Zombie...

My hubby keeps reminding me that what LO hears in the womb is what it will relate to when it gets out, so if I want the baby to be soothed by the Thong Song, R. Kelly, Skunk Anansie and New Kids On The Block, then carry on...

Hmm...:-k

My hubby keeps reminding me that what LO hears in the womb is what it will relate to when it gets out, so if I want the baby to be soothed by the Thong Song, R. Kelly, Skunk Anansie and New Kids On The Block, then carry on...

Well, that's sort of true but I was thinking it'll be some time before they get the words! What's wrong with NKOTB? lol

Well, that's sort of true but I was thinking it'll be some time before they get the words! What's wrong with NKOTB? lol

Exactly!!!! I have their Greatest hits album!!! I love them and I always will:cloud9:

It's just a shame they got back together - their latest offering is CRAP!

Exactly!!!! I have their Greatest hits album!!! I love them and I always will:cloud9:

I didn't know they were back together! I've got some random Christmas CD, it's very odd! My other albums were all tapes. Wow, not listened to them in so long. I so fancied Joey but everyone liked Jordan (ugh).

I didn't know they were back together! I've got some random Christmas CD, it's very odd! My other albums were all tapes. Wow, not listened to them in so long. I so fancied Joey but everyone liked Jordan (ugh).

I downloaded it from iTunes! And yes, I liked Jordan Knight. Still do.:blush:

:sick: :rofl:

What was the really unattractive one called? There was Donnie, Jordan, Joey, and the other two? The unattractive one was a bit like John Travolta.

I havent played any music as such to LO but when im in the car i listen to a lot of 90's early rap ... 2Pac, Notorious BIG, Warren g, Snoop Dogg etc (OH's choice lol) She's always wriggling around to that .. wheres anything i like she doesnt even flutter!!

So im praying she doesnt get influenced and want to be a gangster when she grows up lol

:sick: :rofl:

What was the really unattractive one called? There was Donnie, Jordan, Joey, and the other two? The unattractive one was a bit like John Travolta.

Jon (Jordan's brother) and Danny who had a really big mouth. Looked a bit like a horse.

Anyhoo, we digress...

I think I'll play LO some soothing Lionel Richie and a bit of Stevie Wonder. I was listening to More Than Words by Extreme the other day so I'll add that to the play list too. And a bit of East 17.

Jon (Jordan's brother) and Danny who had a really big mouth. Looked a bit like a horse.

Anyhoo, we digress...

I think I'll play LO some soothing Lionel Richie and a bit of Stevie Wonder. I was listening to More Than Words by Extreme the other day so I'll add that to the play list too. And a bit of East 17.

Danny! He was the horrid one!

Anyway...as you say....

I need to dust the old ivories and get inspiring the little mite with Mozart!

Anyhoo, we digress...

Danny! He was the horrid one!

Anyway...as you say....

I need to dust the old ivories and get inspiring the little mite with Mozart!

I used to play the violin but I don't think ANYONE would appreciate it if I tried to lull baby to sleep with the noise I can make on that thing.

what about Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds, Elm?

That sounds lovely too Jaylene. I'm going to get some classical music on there but don't know what yet - I've only found Mozarts Requiem so far and don't think that's hugely appropriate!

That sounds lovely and romatic Lu - I love that song too.

Can't believe NKOTB have reformed!

Thanks everyone x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back