Playmobil for 3 year old?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bid

Reaction score
DS turns 3 next month and when you ask him what he wants off santa he just says "a jungle". I posted earlier in the week to see if anyone had any ideas of jungle playsets but there doesn't seem to be much out there. Duplo do a set but he's not into building blocks as such, he prefers playing with figures. He's got a few schleich farm animals which he loves, but there's not much you can do with them because they don't move.

The playmobil wildlife range seems like it ticks the boxes as there are lots of jungle/safari sets and the animals move. The animals themselves are a decent size (mummy elephant is about 6 inches tall I think) so if I take all the fiddly bits out until he's older, will they be ok? These are a couple of the ones I was looking at:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Playmobil-5417-African-Savannah-Animals/dp/B00BG5VBI8

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00BG5VB7E/ref=pd_aw_sbs_k_h_b_cs_4?refRID=060CHH0SFJHKY875ZZ2F

The other option is to buy the duplo one in the hope it'll make him more interested in the lego side of things. There's no lions etc though so I'd need to see if they do extra animals.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B005KIR1IG/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?qid=1417887917&sr=8-3&pi=AC_SY200_QL40

My LO got a playmobil set for her 3rd birthday from the princess range. She absolutely loves it and I would say its one of her favourite toys. I mostly put it together for her but since then she's been absolutely fine with it. Something that should last him a while age wise as well!

My son just got 3 Dino sets and the arc and they're a huge hit! We keep all the bits in a little box so they don't get lost.

Playmobil is fantastic, I totally recommend it. There are so many sets you can add and it will last forever.

Ooooh didn't realise they did dino sets, I can see this becoming an expensive habit :haha:

I'd love him to be into the duplo but he's got a huge tub of megablocks and the only thing he likes to do with them is build a big tower to knock down. In fact I've just realised he's got one of the 'my first duplo' sets mixed in with it and he's never really bothered with it. I think I'll stick to the playmobil for the jungle and suggest a duplo set to anyone that asks what to buy him, maybe the bat cave or something would get him interested!

my boys who are 4 years old love playmobil. we have the noahs ark which has loads of animals with it and is their most played with toy.

My DS is 3 next week and he loves playmobil

Micah plays with all my old playmobil at my parents house, he loves it even the small bits he's very good at supervised, and we're getting him the camping set for Christmas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"