Plea help medical terms.. On way to assesment unit

Discussion in 'Pregnancy - Third Trimester' started by ashley_gee89, Nov 19, 2011.

1. ashley_gee89

ashley_gee89 Mummy of 3.

Made a post last night about headaches, vision disturbances etc. anyway, headache didnt budge since last night so went to out of hrs gp. The highest my bp has been so far is about 96/70 approx. its now 121/77 and +protein in my urine ao been sent to assesment for a check over. What does "?PET" mean? I know the ? Is maybe or w.e but what about PET?

2. Daisy1986

Daisy1986 Well-Known Member

It's pre-eclampsia, pre-eclamptic toxemia. Try not to worry, your blood pressure is still really good, mine is usually about 130/80 and goes up to 140/90 when i'm stressed.
    Good luck x

3. ashley_gee89

ashley_gee89 Mummy of 3.

From what i can find on the net, anythin out of the norm for that person is cause for concern, even if its in normal limits. Which is quite high 'for me' so im startin to panic a little.. I dont have any swelling though which can only be good

4. luvmyfam

luvmyfam Well-Known Member

I haven't had any protein in my urine but my pre pregnancy BP is 90/60 and has been 125/82 for that last few weeks. I was having headaches and such too. Hope it's not preeclampsia for you.

5. ashley_gee89

ashley_gee89 Mummy of 3.

Thanks hun, me too. I will update later x