PLEASE! Almost 1 yr EBF mark..now HOW to wean?

tattlebaby

Reaction score
EBF has been perhaps the most rewarding yet hardest thing I've ever had to do in my life, especially because I work full-time and my occasional supply dips don't help either. Anyway..LO's 1st Birthday is quickly approaching and I DO want to continue BF her but perhaps only in the mornings before I go to work and in the evenings before she goes down. But it's just this pumping at work that has been exhausted already, and I'm really looking forward to not needing to do so anymore. LO is beginning to eat more now, she still drinks her 2 bottles of 6 full oz. of breast milk a day plus a 4 oz. bottle at bedtime. She is now also eating a light breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm a little lost with what I should be feeding her throughout the day in order to make sure that she fills up well. I've been scared to offer certain foods like meats/fish/cheese/and GRAINS - I've heard its best to stay away from grains atleast until 1 yr of age or older. But I've been wanting to make oatmeal, and use flour for making foods like fritters..but I haven't yet because of this….any advice PLEASE. Also, should I be introducing a sippy cup at this point? So many on the market, which do you guys recommend?

Thank You So Much!!!

Ive always fed my daughter anything and everything with in reason as long as it's not spicy or too salty etc. You could just give her what you eat? She's getting to that age where she will most likely be eating normal meals soon.

For example my daughter usually has toast for breakfast with fruit and yoghurt

Lunch occasionally will be jacket potato with beans and cheese (just an example or a sandwich etc)

Snack will be toast or fruit or something

Tea will be what ever we are eating be it a roast dinner, hot pot or home made pizzas x

Also sorry yes start introducing a sippy cup of water with meals. By one my daughter was havif two botes a day one before nap and one before bed. Now she just has one before bed.

However she was having about three or four at nine months old so she dropped them quickly as she started eating more x

Also sorry yes start introducing a sippy cup of water with meals. By one my daughter was havif two botes a day one before nap and one before bed. Now she just has one before bed.

However she was having about three or four at nine months old so she dropped them quickly as she started eating more x

Thank you so much for your reply! Did you use purified water for babies or regular bottled water? What zippy cup has worked for you?

TIA

She is now also eating a light breakfast, lunch and dinner. I'm a little lost with what I should be feeding her throughout the day in order to make sure that she fills up well. I've been scared to offer certain foods like meats/fish/cheese/and GRAINS - I've heard its best to stay away from grains atleast until 1 yr of age or older.

I have heard that Wholemeal and other very high fibre grains (wild rice etc.) are not the best food to start weaning on as it goes straight through them, but I think I would have been going mad if I hadn't used any grains at all!! My LO has been eating porridge, white bread, pancakes, crumpets etc. since 7 months.

At age 1 her typical day would be 6:30am breastfeed; 8am breakfast of a bowl of porridge, fruit and sometimes toast too; 2hrs later a snack of cheese triangles/cubes with a banana and mini rice cakes; then lunch about 2-3hrs after that, of something like broccoli with grilled fish and mashed potatoes with yoghurt and more fruit for pudding; an afternoon snack of snack bar and possibly a breastfeed; dinner was beans on toast or fish fingers, pizza slices - anything it was easy to make just for her as I'd eat later - with more ricecakes and yoghurt for pudding and then a long breastfeed before bed about an hour later!! She was an absolute bottomless pit at that age and would have had to drink loads and loads more milk if she hadn't been on varied and big meals.

Oh and yes we just plonked a sippy cup (cheap non-branded non-valve kind) of water next to her plate at meal times. She seemed to know what to do, and they understand practically everything we say at that age so you can just tell her "Here's your drink if you are thirsty".

I think unless there are allergies in your family you could pretty much introduce anything. Go for it!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->