Please can anyone advise on TMI question? So miserable:O(

Bernie

Reaction score
On sunday i i discovered what i thought is vaginal thrush and i think it still is.Iwent and got a pessery and canasten cream in boots which i used and put the pessery in that night. It helped a little bit not alot. So went to the doctors yesturday and she took a swab to check for thrush and a bactieral infection. She says the pessery and cream may have worked but irratated me so told me to stop using the canasten cream. She prescribed me a fluconazole tablet 150 mg to take which i took yesturday and she also gave me zero base cream to use down there to use as a soap subsitute as she said i seem senstive and she also gave me Hydrocortazone ointment 1% to use on the outside twice a day.I cant say ive noticed any difference as regards to the itching on the inside of the downstairs department. Im taking probiotic capsuels from the health food store that i keep in the fridge and i make sure im eating plenty of natural yoghurt sugar free.So ive made another doctors appointment on monday afternoon to see the nurse practioner who ive seen many times and is lovely to see what else can be done. Never had it this bad before:shrug:The discharge does not smell as thats what the doctor asked me so im thinking its thrush that wouldnt bugger off. What do you people think?What else can they treat me with? Im not on any contrapetives either. Im not convinced that its going to get better by monday.

Hi
I have suffered from thrush very frequently over the last few years despite also doing everything I could possibly think of to stop it occurring in the first place or to get rid when I did get it.

The last bout literally drove me insane I didn't know what to do with myself. :wacko:Not only did it itch but was was so sore and swollen.
I just kept going with the canesten internal pessery and the 2% cream and had to try and spend the at least one day with no underwear on and using a cool pack to try and take the swelling down.

I haven't used the fluconazole but have a friend who does and says it works eventually. I wonder if you have a particularly bad dose whether it just takes longer for it to feel any better.
I am not on the pill either I was actually told to come off it to stop the recurring thrush!
It's annoying when you have a whole weekend to go through before you can see the Doctor but if you can stand it give it a few days and see if there is any change.
Keep putting the cream on regularly, like after the loo and hope it gets better.
Sorry I couldn't be much help but just wanted you to know you are not alone!

Thanks for replying means alot:hugs: Big hugs to you:hugs: its horriable and so want to scratch its driving me mad:wacko: I keep wearing sensable under wear and loose trousers. Early in the evenings i wear no under wear and just my dressing gown. Dont know what else to do. The doctor did give me another fluconazole tablet the 150mg one incase it cleared up and then it come back again. So tempted to take the other tablet but not sure if its a good idea or not:shrug: I brought some yeast free bread as i figured if i could cut down on the yeast and sugar maybe that would help. At lot of things contain sugar and yeast its a pain,will be eating lettice leaves at this rate:wacko:

Hi
Poor you I really do feel for you, I think you are doing all the right things to help though.
Looking up on the net the general opinion is fluconazole takes 1-3 days so if you can last out the weekend it could well be on the way to clearing up by Monday (fingers crossed).
I was not sleeping during the last bout as the soreness and itching was keeping me awake which I don't think helped towards a speedy recovery.
I have had blood tests to see if I was diabetic but these came to nothing either. There are so many things it could be, that as you say you will be eating like a rabbit next!
Big hugs to you too, hope you feel better soon:hugs:

Oh hun so sorry to hear you have been through a tough time with this,feel really sorry for you to:hugs: I bet you get on edge about getting again:nope:Sometimes you feel like your the only one suffering at the time.I hope you get to some answers soon as to why you get it so often and so bad. Thanks for your replies:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->