• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Please can I have some honest opinions??

ElmoBumpToBe

Reaction score
Would you be concerned about this mornings FMU test being lighter than yesterday's afternoon test? I'm also having what I would call painless but very noticeable pain in my right hand side same sort of place I would experience ovulation pains.

We have been trying for a year and 8 months I'm so scared x

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 57
Frers don't measure climbing HCG well.... Your urine was probably diluted or you tested at a different time then the first. I wouldn't worry

Agree with medic, plus every time can vary with the chemical that reacts to hCG so at this early stage I wouldn't worry

Congrats on your pregnancy!
A couple of things I'd say-
Yes, in an ideal world you'd like to see a stronger result in the morning as generally FMU is the best to test with (compared to afternoon pee or similar)
However, there's loads of variances - some FRERs contain less dye so it's difficult to compare, FRER dry darker so comparing a test taken today with yesterday will be difficult, some people test better with afternoon urine, maybe your urine was more diluted and so on.
Your lines look great to me!
Do you plan to keep testing?

Unless you have a few days in a row where tests start to get lighter, try not to worry. There could be so many reasons for it.

Thank you for replies I guess I'm just doubly terrified because it's taken so long to get a bfp and we where actually saving for IVF for male factor. It would be best to not test again for a few days right? Am I capable of that - probably not! All I have in the house is one digital with week indicator? X

When I was in your position in Jan I almost bankrupted myself on FRER and tested over a few days first thing and afternoon urine to try to reassure myself. I also did my digi got 1-2 weeks and planned to do it again 4-5 days later to try to see any progression.
You should get a positive on your digi with lines like that I think.
Mine didn't have a good outcome but I was incapable of sitting on my hands not testing. Overall whatever I did didn't change the outcome just made me skint!
To be honest thought if I get pregnant this cycle I'll likely be doing the same again- crazy!

Thank you if I'm honest now that they have both dried they look the same I think? These niggly pains are putting me on edge but I guess they could always be a good sign? I could be tempted to do another frer this afternoon but know I really shouldn't! X

Try a digital one honey xxx

With this pregnancy I noticed that my smu was always stronger than my fmu and I think it's because I have a lot of juice and tea in the evenings so believe that despite the overnight hold its still very diluted. I get it out my system and then do a 4 hour hold with no liquids and my tests look much darker.

don't worry and congratulations on your :bfp:

Thank you! I can't remember if these pains are normal?! Did anyone else experience period pains on the one side in the very early stages? X

With both of my pregnancies I had those same pains. It was completely normal and is actually a sign of pregnancy. I wouldn't worry. I have also had a miscarriage and the pain is completely different and automatically started with bleeding. Congratulations!

Pains are totally normal! Unless they're excruciating of course.

Periody cramping pain is normal, both one sided or low all over - I had it quite intense and it's died down quite a bit now (messes with my head that it's gotten better! I'm 4 weeks 6 days for reference)... Don't worry about that. And I wouldn't worry about your test being lighter either. I don't think first morning urine is always the best. Test again soon. Fingers crossed for a nice dark positive! Congrats! :)

Just wanted to update for anyone reading this in the same boat, a day or two after I got bfp on digi indicator and yesterday morning my frer came right up and the test line was darker than the control line ☺️☺️☺️☺️ Xxx

For me I always got a much fainter line with fmu and a much stronger line with aft wee so much so I never use fmu anymore and I know many women are the same so maybe your aft wee is better:) xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->