Please don't judge....has the damage already been done?

mummy2lola

Mum to 2 trying for 3
Reaction score
For weeks now my hv was telling me lo was ready for weaning and that it would help her severe reflux.I kept putting it off until we got to 17wks and started her on solids.yesterday was her fourth day,she was loving it but in the evening she had a really bad nappy which has never happened before.now I don't know if this was an allergic reaction or not but to me it's screaming that her digestive system just isn't ready so that's it,no more,not for at least another 6wks but my question is....have I already damaged her tummy or by stopping will it still b ok? I feel so guilty and terrible for listening to hv now.
Xx

We have exactly the same situation. LO is 21 weeks and we were advised to wean early for reflux reasons. We started about 2 weeks ago but yesterday he was so constipated. His stool was rock solid and it took half an hour of screaming to pass. I did some research and saw that we should avoid rice, carrots and banana so yesterday we just gave him porridge and his stools are normal again. Im going to intoduce new foods now very, very slowly. What do you mean as 'bad nappy"?

It was like brown water and then just a squishy bit of actual poo in the middle ,it was her second day on cereal,the two days prior to that was carrot purée and rice xx

The poop looks and smells different when they start solids:flower: .When you say a bad nappy do you mean she had a rash?

Please don't beat yourself up- you were only following the professional advice you were given :)

Will you LO take to just milk again after experiencing solid food?

They want me to wean rella at 18 weeks next week because of reflux, I'm
Really nervous of it

No rash Hun just the runny poop,it's so hard to know what to do for the best xx

I'm hoping she won't miss it as she didn't have it for long but it's like she got hungrier with it lol yesterday she polished off each 8oz bottle aswell as her cereal and ended up having 47oz in 24hrs when normally she only has between 32-40oz :shock: xx

To be honest that sounds rather normal for when they start having solids. My DS had nappies like that when we first started to wean him x

Phoebe ate pear and carrots which came out runny, chunky, and green the other day.

You do get some really strange nappies when you start weaning so maybe its just normal :) but if you don't feel comfortable doing it then don't be bullied into it hun, just do what makes you both happiest, but as I say it sounds pretty normal to me :)

I'm hoping she won't miss it as she didn't have it for long but it's like she got hungrier with it lol yesterday she polished off each 8oz bottle aswell as her cereal and ended up having 47oz in 24hrs when normally she only has between 32-40oz :shock: xx

Bless her :)

Your LO I'd only 3 days older than rella :) she was born on the 20th.
Because of her reflux rella will hardly eat- only does Abouy 26oz a day if that.... Hoping that if I wean her she might actually eat... She seems so little to be doing it though ....

I agree with the other ladies, when we started weaning Oliver his nappies changed almost instantly, the first time he had carrots..well lets just say what went in came back out..it was bright orange! But the bowel movements are definitely different. Pears are supposed to be a really good first food as they are quite gentle on the stomach. Maybe you could try LO on some gentle fruit or veg instead of the cereal. :thumb up: (it is definitely gluten free isn't it?)

Bless her :)

Your LO I'd only 3 days older than rella :) she was born on the 20th.
Because of her reflux rella will hardly eat- only does Abouy 26oz a day if that.... Hoping that if I wean her she might actually eat... She seems so little to be doing it though ....

It's so horrible when they don't eat isn't it Hun,Lola would o ly get about 24oz at one point but ranitidine has been amazing.is ur lo on any meds? Xx

So her nappy seems pretty normal then lol perhaps I'm overeacting coz I don't have a clue about any of this xx

Hay don't worry. Yes their nappies change when you start weaning and it is also common for them to get constipated we didn't really wean until 6 mths and he still got constipated.

And my oh my do they stink too!! Has anyone noticed how the Ellas kitchen Fish pie and mash smells the same 'in' than it does, 'out'! :haha::haha::haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->