Please Don't Judge, Just Need Answer

JodieWillis

Reaction score
I had unprotected sex several times each with three different men in one night, none of whom pulled out. I mistakenly thought it was a safe time, but I later realized this was the day before I most likely ovulated.

Am I at a significantly higher risk of getting pregnant because there was that much more semen in me, or is it the same % likelihood regardless of how many different men/number of times we did it? I read online there is a 40% chance of getting pregnant if you have sex the day before you ovulate. Am I greater than 40% likely because I had sex approximately 10 times with 3 men on the day before?

Please don't judge me. I didn't plan to do that, it kind of just happened and I went along with it. I know better now, so please no judgements.

Only way to know is to get a DNA test done after baby is born.

My question isn't about who the father is. I just want to know what the odds are I am pregnant to give me some sense of mental clarity while i wait until I can take a pregnancy test.

Only way to know is to get a DNA test done after baby is born.

I would say you do have higher odds, yes, but I couldn't estimate how much of an increase. And there are still a multitude of other factors at play.

40% does seem higher than I'd expect normal odds to be though - from my own TTC journey and being on this forum for well over a decade, odds on 0-1 definitely dont feel that high. (But could definitely be a bias, as couples who do conceive quickly would have less need for a TTC forum).

Anyway good luck with the outcome you are hoping for when you test.

I’m gonna play DA here but I’m in the camp that 0-1 is the best timing. You have your fertile cm, everything is sperm friendly, and it gives time for sperm to be waiting for the egg rather than racing for a rapidly decaying egg. Most of my pregnancies were from 0-1 or 0-2 timing. Never o or o+1.

Basing this on nothing other than what I remember from high school math and probability and inferring that if low sperm count adversely affects conception, I would venture that strictly speaking (assuming the count and quality of the sperm are healthy) the sheer volume of sperm would make your chances higher. But that’s also disregarding any potential issues with the egg/ovulation/implantation that could occur.

so that being said, if you are not hoping to be preggo then i highly suggest getting plan b asap though I’ve taken plan b post ovulation and still conceived. I hope things turn out how the way you want them to

Things happen. I’ve had sex when I assumed it was safe to not use protection. I’ve had weekends of debauchery. It happens. Only thing you can do now is focus on taking care of your body. If you are hoping to be pregnant it’s a good idea to just start a prenatal now. If not, plan b.

Thank you for the reply. When I used an online ovulation calculator, it told me I most likely ovulated the day after the encounter. That was 11 days ago, so it's much too late for Plan B. The same calculator says I can test for pregnancy in 5 days, and I'm dreading the result.

I assume more sperm in there dramatically increases the chance that one of them will find the egg, but I just want to know approximately what that percent is. I feel like that will give me at least some way to manage my anxiety.

The whole situation happened out of nowhere, and I tried to do some mental math. Unfortunately, I looked at the wrong month in my calendar and thought it was 8 days before I was ovulating so I told everyone it was safe. Only yesterday did I realize my mistake and my heart sunk when I saw the actual date.

I’m gonna play DA here but I’m in the camp that 0-1 is the best timing. You have your fertile cm, everything is sperm friendly, and it gives time for sperm to be waiting for the egg rather than racing for a rapidly decaying egg. Most of my pregnancies were from 0-1 or 0-2 timing. Never o or o+1.

Basing this on nothing other than what I remember from high school math and probability and inferring that if low sperm count adversely affects conception, I would venture that strictly speaking (assuming the count and quality of the sperm are healthy) the sheer volume of sperm would make your chances higher. But that’s also disregarding any potential issues with the egg/ovulation/implantation that could occur.

so that being said, if you are not hoping to be preggo then i highly suggest getting plan b asap though I’ve taken plan b post ovulation and still conceived. I hope things turn out how the way you want them to

Things happen. I’ve had sex when I assumed it was safe to not use protection. I’ve had weekends of debauchery. It happens. Only thing you can do now is focus on taking care of your body. If you are hoping to be pregnant it’s a good idea to just start a prenatal now. If not, plan b.

If you are 10 or 11 days post ovulation you can likely pick up an early result pregnancy test now or in a day or so to get a more concrete answer/ peace of mind.

I read that online somewhere, but it said I might get a negative result even if I'm actually pregnant. I don't want to get my hopes up, so I'm going to wait at least another 5 days. But thank you!!

If you are 10 or 11 days post ovulation you can likely pick up an early result pregnancy test now or in a day or so to get a more concrete answer/ peace of mind.

Do update us when you do test! I hope you get the answer you are looking for x

I’m also camp take a test haha. Just make sure it’s an early detection test. But I love poas lol. Hope things turn out how you want and definitely update us

I agree with Dobby. Also, can I just say that it isn’t only on you to make sure a surprise pregnancy doesn’t happen. You’re human, you made a mistake. If any of the men you were with wanted to make absolutely sure they didn’t get you pregnant then they could have worn something so stop beating yourself up about it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->