Please enlighten me...

hollyw79

Reaction score
Did sex hurt after your first time being with your other half after a miscarriage?? I bled on my own for 5 days and then had a d&c a week ago. I "wanted" to be with him last night but I know there is a 2 week timeframe so I am going to wait.. but part of me is afraid that it will hurt.. would you mind sharing???

Hiya, no it didn't hurt at all. We dots while I was waiting for d and c, and I had to get dh to stop because it felt really weird, kind of like he was hitting on something (not sure if that was psychological or not). We then dtd a week after d and c, and it didn't hurt at all.

I'm really sorry for your loss x

if never hurt however ur cervix can be a lil tender so just take it easy.it really helped me feel close to dh making love.sounds silly but i felt much better after lol

I *AM* nervous about it.. I feel like I emotionally "need" it .. and physically too :haha: but I am just afraid for some reason!!!

i found i was scared of getting pregnant straight away,im ttc now but it just didnt feel like i should be having sex after losing my baby if that makes sense? :(

Dh and I dtd soon after my surgery as well. It helped make things feel normal again. Dont be afraid, although there are mixed emotions at times, Bd'ing is what starts the journey. :)

yes, it definitely does babyhopes2010 .. I am just worried about it physically hurting :( hopefully not!

i know what u mean holly... im also alittle afraid to be intimate still. im still spotting after my d&c on 21st feb, and have some brown discharge... is it normal?

if u still spotting dont bd,as ur cervix is still open and it can lead to infection x

Did sex hurt after your first time being with your other half after a miscarriage?? I bled on my own for 5 days and then had a d&c a week ago. I "wanted" to be with him last night but I know there is a 2 week timeframe so I am going to wait.. but part of me is afraid that it will hurt.. would you mind sharing???

I was sore for about 3 times after now it doesn't.. I think it was case it had been a while though xx

Thanks ladies!! :hugs:

vonz~ the brown discharge is normal... I am a week and 1 day out and still getting some. I saw my doc today for a check up and he said it's normal. ((SIGH)) I hope it goes away soon!

hey holly, u mentioned that using OPK is good. are the ones u used midstream ones or test strips/non-midstream ones? and how often do u test? do we have to test them at the same timing daily? what if the kit shows we are ovulating while we r in the office? :) sorry for the many questions... trying to find some hope in the midst of the lost.

Hi Holly - this is a good question i was wondering about this as well. Had planned on maybe dtd last night but i am back to spotting (a little heavier today) so still waiting and wondering if it will hurt?? :wacko:

MsJMouse~ I am waiting for the spotting to stop too. (SIGH) It's been 9 days since my d&c .. so I know I'm probably expecting it to stop too early. I had an internal exam yesterday at my doc's and didn't feel any discomfort so I am hoping that means that it will be the same with my DH... but I will have him go slowly the first time I am sure. I am nervous! I am hoping next week some time! Fx'd!

vonz~ It doesn't matter which type of OPK you use- I've used both- and I've used 2 different brands @ the same time to see if one was more reliable and they all worked the same. When you get the + .. it means you need to :sex: as soon as possible as you could ovulate anywhere from 6-48 hours later. Once you get your +, have sex daily until 1-2 days after the surge is gone. The egg can live 12-24 hours- so even if you have ovulated- you can STILL catch the egg after the fact.. so that's why it's good to still :sex: for a day or 2 after.

I know the very first morning I got a + on an OPK- I left work early! haha.. I didn't get preggo that month though! You WILL start to see a general pattern hopefully and learn when you are close to ovulating as for most women- it's generally around the same day each month, give or take a day or 2... and then you want to try and :sex: like 4 days before to 2 days after ovulation. I am a HUGE advocate of doing it daily during that window- no more than 24 hours apart to maximize your chances. Definitely let me know if you have any other questions!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->