PLEASE HELP! 8 month old and projectile vomit!

leoniebabey

mam of 2 boys
Reaction score
anyones LO go through this ?
I dont think he has a bug as when he did have a bug it wasnt projectile it was normal and he isnt being sick regular. It happend on tuesday night, wednesday and twice today!
Basically he'll cough or ill give him medcine and he'll projectile vomit, in like 3 goes (picture little britain and thats what its like) and it's been everywhere all times, why is he doing this ? will it stop? im so worried because he's choking on it :( and he'll do it even if he's lying down and he chokes

help would be grately appreciated

Do you mean he throws up after taking him medicine only?

It does sound like he's I'll! Or have you given him anything different to eat than normal? Is he running a temp? If ur worried ring MHD direct I'd keep him on bland food toast mash rice ect and no milk just water give his tummy a break! X

Not just medcine he was having banana in his chreche today and they said he did the same. But tonight i hadnt have him anything he coughed and did it.
I took him to the drs on tuesday and they acted like i was making his cough up and that i was making up he was constipated saying there was nothing wrong with him but surely, to do it this many times wouldnt be normal.
I've given him some calpol as he felt a little bit warm

x

Really don't have any advice but I think you're right to be worried. My son projectile vomits mainly when he's ill...like has mucus inside him, and has a bad cough and chokes. If I were you, I'd call NHS Direct and see what they say. Projectile vomitting doesn't just happen. Hope he gets well soon x

Omar used to projectile vomit when he had a bug at 6 months, then he started to have a temp then loose poo. Hold on offering him food for now & stick to water or diluted milk feeds. Elevate his cot while sleeping with a pillow under his bedsheets or a book under his matress. If he's coughing & has a temp it could be a throat infection & this is why he's coughing then throwin up. Call the Dr if he goes on throwing up hun. Hope he gets better soon, big hugs xxx

I just feel like such an idiot going to the drs again because they just think im one of those silly mums that think there child has this and that but there really fine.

If I had constipation i would go to drs so why dont they listen to me! They said his temp ect was fine and the cough would go on it's own.
He sounds a funny too when he breaths.

and thanks hun think i'll give the nhs direct a call tommorrow.

urgh babymilksick i can deal with. Food sick blergh no! We had to get in the bath together before as it was like a puddle on my top and all over him!

Snuffly nose but seems ok in the 10 mins we have been awake x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->