Please help! Advice needed.

Jacks mommy

Reaction score
I'm 30 weeks pregnant and haven't had a BM in over a week! I've upped my fruit and veg intake and fruit juice, I've tried Syrup of figs, bran flakes, baked beans, brown bread and brown pasta also vile prune juice but nothing is happening! I'm getting fobbed off by midwife that I need to just eat more fruit and veg. I've asked two different pharmacist for advice but none are "willing" to advice me!!!!
I'm in sooo much pain so uncomfortable I'm on the toilet nearly 10 times a day (not easy with a nearly 3 yo running around) trying to get something to happen and it all ending in tears.
I'm at my wits end now.I've tried getting a appointment to see a nurse practitioner (who can do scripts) or even a doctor but can't get anything till next week!

Does anyone have any idea that I haven't tried?

Thanks in advance ladies!

😊

You can use glycerin suppositories, I had to use these with DD. Then I used Anusol cream healing ones and drank lactulose at every meal. It literally was the only combination that worked.

I'm a bit weird in that bran, fibre etc just makes it 10x worse.

Magnesium supplement!!! After my last baby I was sooooo constipated. I would go 5-6 days without a bm. Straining so hard that when I would go, I started having vision issues. Anyway, I went to our local health food store, and they recommended magnesium. Being pg depletes our bodies of it, and it's very important for colon health. I started by taking 3 250mg tabs split through the day. (1 in the am, 1 noon and 1 at night.) it was a lifesaver!! And it didn't cause cramping like the otc stuff. Always check with ur dr, but mine has not had any issue with me taking it.

Have you tried eating dark chocolate? It ALWAYS makes me go.
Someone also told me to cross my left leg over my right leg as if I was just sitting casually on a chair and it really does help get things moving!

I've used stool softeners when I've been backed up like that- you can pick up at any drug store. I usually tKe an extra pill to hep things start moving along. Also, do you do caffeine? A cup of coffee also does the trick for me.
Hope one of our suggestions helps!

Gosh, that to me would warrant a trip to the out of hours doctor if your gp can't fit you in. I hope you find relief soon! :hugs:

I know it's not healthy, but a good greasy meal might get you to go. It helped me along a few times when I was in your position.

Have a few cups of coffee, the caffeine in it should get the peristalsis moving in your bowel.

My OB said miralax is fine. I take a stool softener with a laxative every other day when I am constipated.

I was in the same spot as u, I tried it all! Finally one night I made a gigantic massive organic spinich salad loaded with fresh veggies and grilled chicken and made my own dressing with white vinegar a bit of olive oil and lots of oregano ..... Next morning I drank my cup of 1/2caff coffee and it was all over right then n there...... A whole day of poo sessions, I couldn't believe it!!! I felt so relieved the following day lol.... That is what worked for me , some fresh raw greens! I think the vinegar combined with spinach really helped? Just thought I'd share my success after a food was worth of back up lol

Have you tried dried apricots? I once ate a ton of them, without thinking and spent the next 4 hours running to the loo. A handful helped whenever I was constipated while pregnant.
Good luck

I would cut out the fiber (bran and such, not the fruit necessarily) until you are cleared out. Fiber has it's place, but if you are not going on a regular basis it tends to just bulk you up and make the problem worse. I know this sounds a little weird or gross, but get some coconut oil and make yourself some hot chocolate (or coffee is even better if your are ok with coffee) and put about a tablespoon of coconut oil in the coffee then blend it (blending it is important or it will be really gross). The oil will really help and coconut oil is good for you anyway. I was really constipated for a bit and started adding coconut oil to my coffee and it helped a lot. Also, if you are taking a prenatal with iron, ask your MW if you can switch to one without for a bit. I eat plenty of meat and have never had low iron, so I have been taking one without for my entire pregnancy without issue and my constipation has not been too bad (excpet for a few times).

Thank you for all the suggestions ladies will be getting on them as still no movement! 😫

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->