Please help :'( has anyone overcame this

JayMari

Reaction score
Im 18 years old and 16 weeks pregnant. Lately ive been under so much stress. I just graduated from high school last week and while in school I was there from 8-6 everyday so I never bothered with a job, just an internship on weekends. My OH got fired from his job a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant. His mom works in mcdonalds and can barely support herself, and my mom does not work so I have nobody. The issue of finances is tearing me apart and I feel im about to lose it, I love my LO soooo much nd hurts me when I think maybe I should have just gotten that abortion at 6 weeks. I dont know how im going to support my baby. Every interview turns me away because im showing. I just dont know what to do, and iknow when OH does get a little job his mom is gonna take all of his money. Im seriously thinkin of adoption but I just cant bring myself to give away my child. I guess the question is has anyone been through this? How did u deal with the stress? Did everything turn out to be ok? Any reassurances or advice would be appreciated

Well for me, I applied for Medicaid. They pay for all of the doctor bills prenatal and all of the doctor visits until the baby's first birthday. It's not legal for a job to not hire you for the fact that you're pregnant, so next time you have an interview, wear baggie clothing, then once you get the job you can tell them, try to find a job that has insurance though because you will need that. you probably will qualify for medicaid considering that i did, and both me and OH have jobs, but medicaid doesn't cover food and stuff so you would need to get a job for that, you could also apply for unemployment where they send u a monthly check. But the thing is, there are many many parents who are wealthy and are desperate to adopt, if you really do love this child, you need to do the best thing for it. Some couples are so desperate, they're willing to do an open adoption where you could still see the child.

Thanks for the advice, im going to look into it. Im tryin to do everything I can to raise my baby

I also got on Medicaid. I also got wic! Amazing, they give you free food fpr yourself and when the baby cones, formula. But breastfeeding is free!

I know how you feel about it. My OH works two great paying jobs but I was still scared. I had no idea of all the help the government was willing to give me!

I'm going through this right now, except I'm not pregnant, I have a 4 month old :/ my partner lost his job just before she was born :( I was getting £36 a week from my job, I'm currently on maternity leave and getting 60 a week ma but I only have 15 Weeks of that left :s if oh can't get a job before that I don't know what we're gonna do, but we'll find a way! I'm saving as much as I can, babies aren't too expensive really, we have to but formula because she was early she couldn't bf :( and nappies obviously, then things like dentinox, Calpol, new clothes as she grows, you just gotta be careful with money :) the main problem is we can't afford to love government which causes a lot of stress :( I'm sure you'll find a way :)

I would definitely look into Medicaid, WIC, and food stamps. Also I've heard that some churches have programs that help with diapers and clothes. And consignment sales are amazing for baby things. If you're on Facebook check and see if there's any baby swap groups in your area. You can get anything you'd need for LO there cheap too. :)

You can go on benefits until he finds another job. When I was pregnant my OH was in and out of part time work so we were off/on benefits, but they are there for people who need them :)

Now he's in stable, full time work and somehow we managed all that time! There is help there for you :flower:

I forgot about food stamps. You can get food stamps, if you're over eighteen. Either they didn't let me because I wasn't eighteen, or because my mom all ready had it. :)

Every stae is different with their.laws for assistance. Are you living.on.your own? You can get wic and medicaid.regardless, but in my state unless your over 22, if.your living with your parents, you cannot.get foodstamps. You can apply for subsidized housing as well. Have.either of you looked into temp agencys?? They hire regardless. I was 17 when I moved out.of my moms house, and while it was a massive struggle working.for minimum wage, my fiance, now husband and I made it work. We didnt have alot, but we cherished what we did have, and while our finances still.suck, our kids have what they need and thats what matters. Hang onto the saying that everything works out.in the end because I can promise you that it will.

Im 18 years old and 16 weeks pregnant. Lately ive been under so much stress. I just graduated from high school last week and while in school I was there from 8-6 everyday so I never bothered with a job, just an internship on weekends. My OH got fired from his job a few weeks before I found out I was pregnant. His mom works in mcdonalds and can barely support herself, and my mom does not work so I have nobody. The issue of finances is tearing me apart and I feel im about to lose it, I love my LO soooo much nd hurts me when I think maybe I should have just gotten that abortion at 6 weeks. I dont know how im going to support my baby. Every interview turns me away because im showing. I just dont know what to do, and iknow when OH does get a little job his mom is gonna take all of his money. Im seriously thinkin of adoption but I just cant bring myself to give away my child. I guess the question is has anyone been through this? How did u deal with the stress? Did everything turn out to be ok? Any reassurances or advice would be appreciated

ok i dont know where you are...but i can see you are so stressed out..

have you reached out to wic and any welfare...i know nobody wants to be on it but it can help you when you need it , and they can also send you to school for free and help you get someplace as well as pay for daycare while in school and working..i would look for what is available to you in your state..
hun your not alone :hugs:

btw its not a bad thing to have to be on it to actually get someplace in life...that is what its actually there for and they have job placments as well :)

Thanks everyone for the advice, its really helping me. Im in the US . Ive recently started wic and im trying to get info on what kind of temporary assistance I can receive from welfare but I need certain documents that my mom is purposely withholding from me out of spite. I really wanna move out but the price of living in NY is so high. I wanna look into housing (low rent housing) but I dont have the documentation I need. :(

What documents is she withholding? That doesn't sound legal if they're your personal documents? Either way I don't get why she wouldnt wanna help you?

She isnt happy about my pregnacy and we've been arguing lately. Before I was pregnant she always held important papers so I wouldnt lose them, birth certificate, social security, proof of address/income, stuff like that

Definitely looks into government assistance for now, hun! Every stye is different, but it doesn't hurt to ask what you qualify for.

She isnt happy about my pregnacy and we've been arguing lately. Before I was pregnant she always held important papers so I wouldnt lose them, birth certificate, social security, proof of address/income, stuff like that

Regardless of whether she's happy about your pregnancy I can't see why a mother would want to make her daughter suffer... Is ask her that! And as the documents are yours I don't think she can legally withhold them from you!

I know:( Shes just making this even harder and more stressful for me

Is go to citizens advice or something to see what action you can take to get your documents!

i would ask welfare what you can legally do to get them back or maybe get yourself another copy which isnt that hard..it may take a few weeks but you will have them...
but i agree i do not think its lawful for her to keep them from you....

maybe call and ask legal aid how to get them legally from her..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->