Please help..HPTS! IC or FRER?

MrsReed2015

Reaction score
Hello!:thumbup:

I've popped over from the TWW for advice on HPTs.

Are ICs reliable? Or should I get a FRER? Or Superdrug?

I'm 4 days late (28day very regular cycle) and all my ICs aren't giving my BFPs, yet I feel pregnant.

Any advice would be appreciated!

In my opinion ic's are rubbish. Gave me a bfn when my period was 3 days late but went out and bought a first response and it was a blazing bfp! Test line was as dark as the control line. Even today I'm only getting faint positives on the one step ic's and I just got my 3+ on a Digi. I'd try a different test, good luck!!

Thank you for your reply!

Hoping that's the case for me. I had an ectopic in Dec/Jan, so really hoping I can have my sticky bean.

:thumbup:

I have a morrisons test but I don't think they are sensitive?

Thank you for your reply!

Hoping that's the case for me. I had an ectopic in Dec/Jan, so really hoping I can have my sticky bean.

:thumbup:

I have a morrisons test but I don't think they are sensitive?

I'm not sure but give it a try, can't hurt.

I was getting negatives on ic's but strong positives on frer... I wouldn't waste my money on them cheapies xx

Thanks everyone!

I just thought those cheapies would be good as they are 10miu but it's seems quite a few people have bad experiences with them:nope:

H&H 9 months to you all! Hope to be here again soon!

I got faint positives on ICs, you could see them but they were FAINT when on the FRER I got an instant dark positive and a pregnant on a clearblue. So for me they weren't as sensitive!

I got a "is it a line or isn't it a line" on am ic and then a clear positive on a clearblue (I wanted a FRER but DH got clearblue instead) later that day. The clearblue was fine for sensitivity but I'd go for a FRER, mostly because it turns out that the test line faded on clearblue after the testing window finishes, whereas FRER lines stay.

Stuff the frer buy s superdrug :) cheaper and much clearer lines too they are 10miu x

I got a BFP using ICs from (mums the one brand) on the Thursday night after only a 3 hour hold. I was approximately 14-16 dpo as I was on holidays and didn't temp or use OPKs.

I took an FRER using FMU, Friday morning and it was an immediate positive.

Took a clearblue Digital Friday afternoon because I needed to see that word! And I was curious about the week indicator.

I think the FRER is a perfectly fine test to use and I got a box of 7 from costco here in Australia for around $25. I used the last one from the box for my BFP :D

The ICs are great if you are a POAS like me ;) I only had them because they came free with my OPKs.

I personally always got bfps from ics from several days before af is due. If ur late just get ur self a digi xx

I've always got clear positives on the cheap tests from quality save. Once I got a + on one of them I'd get a more expensive test - I hated to waste a frer on a bfn lol

Well..

I have a FRER (2 pack) :blush:

So will try one tomorrow with FMU when I'll be 6 days late.

Thanks for the advice, I appreciate each comment.:thumbup:

:happydance::cloud9::happydance::cloud9:

Well I used one of my FRERs today and I have faint but there line! Got my OH to verify and he sees it too..I'm not crazy, yay!:haha:

So I'll be officially but cautiously in the first tri now after my ectopic which ended in Jan!

Thanks for your help ladies!:thumbup:

Congratulations!! We have a November rainbows thread in pregnant after a loss forum. Pop over if you feel like a chat! Happy healthy nine months to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->