please help im so stressed:(

xpaigex

Reaction score
hi girls;) OMG im stressing out like crazy over what to name my daughter and now i just want to cry because i have to decide soon :cry::cry:
i dont like ANY of the names my bf and friends suggests :( nothing feels 'right':(
i THOUGHT paige(my middle name) was the perfect name for her but actually no, i DONT like it actually:(
this is too much pressure i mean shes going to have to live with her name forever...:(
please can you suggest baby girls names??
i dont like names that are too old fashioned/common like emma,grace,etc and i like names like alyssa,summer etc.. PLEASE suggest some cute names!:(:cry:

Have you tried searching around on the net? Thats what i did and wrote a big list then narrowed it down between me and OH

yes, i always search for names but i only manage to pick out a handfull of names that i mildly like then i end up crossing every name out:( nothing feels good enough for my little girl, if that makes sense?:cry:

theres nothing 'wrong' with those names but.. i dont know my daughter just doesnt feellike a alyssa or summer.. if that makes any sense..i just feel like theres a better name out there that hasnt crossed my mind yet which is 'perfect' for her..

It's hard to help but some beautiful names I considered with my first baby who is a little girl and other names I've seen lately that I think are really pretty are:

Clarie
Madilynn
Autumn
Matilda
Faith
Trinity
Necia

What I meant by wrong is that you say you like them so was wondering why you werem't ...that makes sense :D

We have a boys name!

We've gone through 1001 girls names and nothing is feeling right atm either

:D

It's hard to help but some beautiful names I considered with my first baby who is a little girl and other names I've seen lately that I think are really pretty are:

Clarie
Madilynn
Autumn
Matilda
Faith
Trinity
Necia

I love Matilda. Some guy called his little girl in the shop the other day my first reactions was 'mad' then as I walked out I thought 'oooo actually I likey' ...OH doesn't.

I love Autumn. I really love nature names. My cousin didnt have a name for a week after he was born! My auntie just couldnt think of anything. Dont put too much pressure on yourself... maybe it will come to you when you look at her for the first time. You might decide she looks like a ...(insert name) if u know what i mean!

I love it too! If this baby is a girl we are pretty sure we've decided on Sophie, we have been sticking to the "s" names for some reason!

thanks for the help..;) i quite like 'claire' (instead of 'Clarie') but its just not the one..:(

yeah, i know what you mean,sparkswillfly ;)

hmm.. i kind of like sophie too but it doesnt really feel like its my daughters name...:s

I just thought to add one more thing, try getting an actual baby name book. Circle the names that you love, than make a list of them and add and take away as you want, that way you have a visual, it might help! Good luck, i am sure you will find the perfect name by the time she makes her big entrance!

Credits in films/tv programmes are good for name ideas. Sounds loony but sit and watch the credits after a programme and see if anything catches your eye!

thanks :hugs: i was given a baby name book by my mom but i havnt really looked through it propery i only look on the net..:blush:im pretty sure iv heard of most of the names that are in there before on the net , but i'll have a go at looking through it..;)

Credits in films/tv programmes are good for name ideas. Sounds loony but sit and watch the credits after a programme and see if anything catches your eye!

OMG! I've been doing this. :blush:

To OP, maybe get a book, write down a load of names you like (try them with middle names/surname etc) and then when you see your LO you can pick a name (or adapt a name) to suit her? :)

yeah actually thats a good idea the next time im watching credits i'll be looking out for nice girls names!lol ;)

Have you tried www.babynames.com ? Its a really good website with a tonne of names on it, and you can add your favorites, and also make a list for your family and friends to vote on, you can also make it open to the public for voting too.

If I had a girl she was gonna be Miley Claire.

I would try not to worry to much, we still can't decide on a girls name!!

yes, i always search for names but i only manage to pick out a handfull of names that i mildly like then i end up crossing every name out:( nothing feels good enough for my little girl, if that makes sense?:cry:
]
I know how you feel here! every name someone surgests to me is not good enough and they get offended when I dont like it, its not that i dont like it its just not sticking for my child. however I have picked a girls name but I am sure i am having a boy so I am really stuck with a boys name!

I will say i was going to choose Sienna Isabella for a girl but we changed out mind cause we told to many people and they didnt like it. We have another one now and i am keeping stump!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->