Please help - is it normal to loose your whole plug at 32 weeks? *UPDATE PAGE 2*

tiggerpony

Reaction score
I am 32 weeks gone today and just went for a wee and when I wiped a MASSIVE (and I mean BIG) clump of green snot stuff come out my girly bits and was on the tissue! I have rang my midwife who said its normal, not to worry and that you can loose your plug a good 5 weeks or so before you go into labour - does this mean that my baby is comming before her due date? Can I still have sex? Why has this happend - is it cos I have been using thrush cream? (I thought you lost your plug like 2 weeks before going into labour which would make her premeture??) I am really scared and midwife seemed in a rush to get me off the phone:cry:

***************UPDATED PAGE 2*******************

i think so it can grow back

I lost mine ( huge blob ) at 37 weeks
and i just lost it again at 39 weeks.

Your mucus plug can actually regenerate itself and NO it doesn't necessarily mean your baby will be premature. In fact there in no correlation between when you loose it and when you have baby......some people don't loose theirs till they are in labor and like 5-6 cms! If your MW wasn't concerned and said it was normal then I would try to relax.

your plug will repair its self if it has come dislodged too early so dont worry too much i have been loosing my plug for weeks and no sign of baby xx

if ur waters havent ruptured then i think ur still ok to have sex, call for more advice if ur not happy with that from the midwife. no harm in asking around

I lost mine at 30+5 and was told it would regenerate. It hasn't. I can tell that it has been trying and it just sort of falls back out. My doctor said that that is okay too.

I lost my plug in labour, or so I thought cos there was loads, then there was loads more every once in a while over the next few hours. So you may still have some plug in there!

Update - rang back and spoke to a midwife at the hopsital who wants me to come in and be internally checked to make sure everythings ok and have baby put on a heart monitor. Wish me luck xx

I lost loads at 26wks and have been losing bits ever since.I've been told it grows back if baby is not ready to come.my sil lost her plug and had a bloody show at 33wks,hospital kept her in over night but nothing else happened until 38wks xx

Good luck hun, I'm sure all will be fine. Let us know how u get on Xx

Bumped for the person who has lost their plug at 30 weeks x

.. good luck at the hospital hun, i'm sure everythings as fine as ever. xxx

UPDATE:

Just got back from hospital. Well I had an internal examnation (my first one) and GOD IT HURT SO MUCH I cried :-( my hubby held my hand though. They confirmed it was part of the plug but my cervix is still closed and baby seems fine, although I am having contractions/ tightenings that were being picked up on the monitor that I can't feel at all that were reaching 50 on the scale thing!! I can't feel them and they don't hurt though. They sent me home on promise if I begin to have pain with the contractions/ tightenings or I loose any fluid/ blood I am to come straight back in. Also told I am not allowed sex now until after baby is born..............which I thought was strange? I think it's cos they are worried more of the plug will come away and then I'll end up going into early labour? They said if I had been 36 weeks plus, they wouldn't be to worried. x

Hi Tiggerpony - glad to hear cervix is still closed. Hopefully baby will stay in safe and sound. I just wanted to comment on the tightenings - I was hooked up to a monitor on Saturday night as was worried baby was moving too much. They asked if I'd had any tightenings or contractions and I said no as I hadn't felt anything - then they discovered on the monitor that I was having them and they were going up to 90 but did I notice. Nope! I am glad it's not just me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->