Please help me? 5 weeks 6 days.

Oh_Clementine

Reaction score
Hi!

I had very sharp pains at 5 weeks 2 days and then went to the toilet and had red spotting, but it never required a pad. At 1 am the next day I went to the ER out of concern of an ectopic. My beta was 1840. I had a transvaginal ultrasound and they said an ectopic was unlikely. Yesterday I had my beta taken and it had dropped to 324. I'm currently 5 weeks 6 days and had some pretty painful AF type cramps this morning, but I'm only having very minimal brown spotting now despite my cervix being open.

When and if will I start bleeding? Should I worry if I don't start to bleed? The discharge I'm having at the moment looks just like the very last of AF... You know the kind.

I don't know what to expect and my GP wasn't very helpful. Any sort of information would be appreciated, I have no idea what so ever what I can expect. Please help?

I'm so sorry for your loss. :(

I've had two natural m/c, and once the spotting starts bleeding should pick up fairly soon, especially with your dropping betas. Probably in the next few days/within a week, though everyone can be different. It depends on your body and be a bit unpredictable. My two natural m/c were at 5w and then 6w4d. Neither was much more than a fairly heavy period and I bled for less than a week with both.

It's unfortunate your GP isn't more helpful! Maybe you can ring the ob/gyn dept at your hospital to ask when you should be worried if you don't get a real bleed? You want to keep an eye that it doesn't take too long as infection can be a risk, but that's pretty unlikely it will drag out that long if you're seeing spotting already. Make sure you only use pads, not tampons/cups.

:hugs: Such a tough time of year for such sadness. I just had my third loss diagnosed on Monday, and my mmc is dragging on right now so I'm having an awful Xmas too. It sucks.

I'm sorry for your loss, too. Hugs to you... This is hard enough to go through without it being right at Christmas :(

Thank you for your helpful response. It's just awful being in limbo knowing that you're still technically pregnant, but your baby isn't growing. Can't start the emotional healing while the physical side hasn't made progress.

Yeah it really sucks. I was taking a small comfort from wanting to pass the sac at home so we could give it a burial, some closure. I never found any tissue from my other two losses to emotionally it was tough as it was almost like my beans didn't exist, yk?

My RE recommended something called a MVA - manual vacuum extraction - and I was horrified. I just can't imagine being awake and aware of the contents of my womb being vacuumed out like so much waste. :( I'm not happy about a d&c either but at least I don't have to see what's going on, and it would be nice to have it analysed for chromosomal issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->