Please help me!!!

VampMum1980

Mum to 4 ♥
Reaction score
Anyone suffer from insomnia and how did u over come it?

Please give me your home remedies as I'm at my wits end!!

So far I've read : warm bath, massage and warm milk before bed
No caffeine after 6
And relaxation CDs playing when in bed ( I sleep with these every night)

Any tips u can give me ?

Anyone suffer from insomnia and how did u over come it?

Please give me your home remedies as I'm at my wits end!!

So far I've read : warm bath, massage and warm milk before bed
No caffeine after 6
And relaxation CDs playing when in bed ( I sleep with these every night)

Any tips u can give me ?

Try cutting alcohol and cigarettes out altogether (if you even drink and smoke at all) and I also read for a bit before bed too! And incense! I go to bed an hour earlier than I used to and read, that usually gets me sleepy!

ETA

It took me about 2/3 years to get over my insomnia using these methods

Thanks I don't smoke or drink lol. Last night I took nytol and had a bath n slept well til 4am when my toddler woke up n wanted a bottle, thing is I feel groggy today even though I slept better than I have in months!! Tonight im gonna try without the nytol

I love incense but dunno if that woukd help me coz smells are quite strong lol def gonba get back to reading again thanks

I have had insomnia before, and I find that reading for an hour or two before bed helps me to relax. One mistake I made was watching TV or sitting on the computer too close to bedtime. I found out that you should not do that as the light from the TV and computer can cause insomnia. Also, do you sleep in the dark? Darkness helps you to produce melatonin which makes you feel more sleepy.

Insomnia isnt about the amount of sleep you get, it is were you feel drowsy and fatigued during the day, that you may be experiencing insomnia, its the reason why i quit smoking and drinking tea or coffee at least 8hrs before bed, they are stimulants, i only drink water now before bed, also have the same pattern, i go up now at 8:30 settle lo and an dozing just after 9pm, waking at 6am the following day but lay in bed until after 7am you may find you will wake at 4 then 5 but keeping the the same bed time routine will balance it out.

Insomnia can be cured and is normaly down to a problem you can deal with
Are you under a lot of stress?
Are you depressed? Do you feel emotionally flat or hopeless?
Do you struggle with chronic feelings of anxiety or worry?
Have you recently gone through a traumatic experience?
Are you taking any medications that might be affecting your sleep?
Do you have any health problems that may be interfering with sleep?
Is your sleep environment quiet and comfortable?
Are you spending enough time in sunlight during the day and in darkness at night?
Do you try to go to bed and get up around the same time every day?

tips
Use the bedroom only for sleeping and sex.
Get out of bed when you can’t sleep, have some warm milk or a bath.
Move bedroom clocks out of view.

also Valerian is an herb with mild sedative effects that may help you sleep better, and is natural.

I have suffered with insomnia since I was a child and at times I am lucky to get four hours of sleep every three days.

I have tried everything going and unfortunately nothing helps me.

I do have a friend though that also suffers from it. When it gets really bad though, she takes a really strong anti-histamine (prescribed by her GP) for two nights and gets a good 7-8 hours sleep and it puts her sleeping patterns right for a few months.

Going to bed and getting up at the same times every day will be more beneficial for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->