Please help need some advice

babyfromgod

Mummy of 2 boys
Reaction score
Can someone pls offer me some advice. I have lost 24lbs and would like to lose another 26 but i just can't get my eating under control. I just wake up each day and binge on toast and biscuits and other crap. I want to start so i can be skinnier when we move to Australia in 4 weeks as the weather is nice there and i want to look good in shorts and dresses. I just feel like i can't get myself motivated and start because we are going to be living with OH's dad for 3 weeks before we move over there, and i can't eat how i want with all the healthy stuff i want to eat. I am an all or nothing kind of person when it comes to dieting.

Anyone have any advice?

I want to do clean eating with minimal sugar as sugar makes me crave more and more and it is just a vicious cycle of binging.

I want to start doing my 30 d/s again as i did it for 6 weeks and felt great walking round in my undies but now my cellulite is back :cry:

Hey, Im not much of an expert - It's taken me nearly one and a half years to loose most of my baby weight and now Im trying to loose the last bit but I was like you and wanting to do something to get motivated again so yesterday I started a shake meal replacement programme (just from home) as thought this might help (though did have a few chocolates for valentines day yesterday!). Where abouts in Australia are you moving to?

Can you make a diet plan that's easy to stick to? Like give yourself two or three options for each meal of the day and alternate them. I find it hard to keep healthy and not snack if I'm always wondering what to make.

Make your meals healthy, filling and simple. For example...

Breakfast - scrambled eggs on toast OR rolled oats with greek yoghurt (so tasty!)

Lunch - greek salad OR quiche OR jacket potato and beans

Dinner - grilled chicken & vege, baked fish & vege, steak and vege

Snacks - cup of greek yoghurt, fruit, carrot sticks and hummus, dried apricots, nuts, boiled egg

Start on your 30 DS again, it made the hugest difference to my body and fitness level, it helped so much with my running. If you can't manage it one day, just try to get out for a brisk walk. Just think of how good you'll feel wearing what you want and looking good. Moping around eating biscuits will not help you to feel better about yourself! Good luck and hope the move goes well :hugs:

Thanks for your reply and the ideas on what to eat. I have started back on the meal replacement shakes again today and haven't felt hungry. I did have a craving for sweet stuff tonight but i had an apple and a cup of tea instead. I know these first few days will be hard as i am used to eating so much sugar. I will wean myself off the shakes and onto proper, healthy low calorie food in a few weeks once we are settled in Brisbane.

Today i ate
B- meal replacement shake
s- apricot
l- meal replacement shake
s- handful of raw cashews
t- a big salad made wth spinach leaves, tomato, peppers, carrots, avocado, dried cranberries, chicken and balsalmic dressing
s- apple

I think the best advice I can give is not yet another perfect plan but to make yourself a promise to do at least one thing a day, whether that is to eat well (and if you eat a bad breakfast, then still eat a proper lunch & dinner) OR work out, and not to throw yourself down a staircase when you miss a step.

Perfectionists tend to never finish anything because nobody is perfect.

I think the best advice I can give is not yet another perfect plan but to make yourself a promise to do at least one thing a day, whether that is to eat well (and if you eat a bad breakfast, then still eat a proper lunch & dinner) OR work out, and not to throw yourself down a staircase when you miss a step.

Perfectionists tend to never finish anything because nobody is perfect.

Thanks, that is great advice. I need to ditch the all or nothing approach and if i have a bad breakfast i need to pick myself up and move on not keep shovelling food down!

Thanks for your reply and the ideas on what to eat. I have started back on the meal replacement shakes again today and haven't felt hungry. I did have a craving for sweet stuff tonight but i had an apple and a cup of tea instead. I know these first few days will be hard as i am used to eating so much sugar. I will wean myself off the shakes and onto proper, healthy low calorie food in a few weeks once we are settled in Brisbane.

Today i ate
s- apricot
t- a big salad made wth spinach leaves, tomato, peppers, carrots, avocado, dried cranberries, chicken and balsalmic dressing
s- apple

Hey how are you going with your eating today - i've still stuck with the meal replacement shakes - weigh in tomorrow - wish me luck :shrug: Im interested to see if it works.

Today i ate
s- apricot
s- apple

Hey how are you going with your eating today - i've still stuck with the meal replacement shakes - weigh in tomorrow - wish me luck :shrug: Im interested to see if it works.

Hey i am going good thanks, am on day 4 now. That is great you have stuck with the shakes. What brand are you doing? I am just using a supermarket one but last time i did it i used Celebrity Slim. Hope this one works as well but it is a cheaper one so i don't know. Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow. I also have a dieting journal if you want to have a look.

Hey i am going good thanks, am on day 4 now. That is great you have stuck with the shakes. What brand are you doing? I am just using a supermarket one but last time i did it i used Celebrity Slim. Hope this one works as well but it is a cheaper one so i don't know. Good luck for the weigh in tomorrow. I also have a dieting journal if you want to have a look.[/QUOTE]

hey, will definately have a look at your journal. Sorry, should have had a look to see which country you were from before I replied as I know you are moving to Aussie soon but Im just using a supermarket brand too but they are the Biggest Loser brand. I lost 1.1kg (2.4pound) so I'm happy with that. I have been having a smoothie for breakfast and a shake for tea and a normal healthy lunch with healthy snacks in between. I have lost about 20kg so far (not on the shakes) but got off track over christmas and put on weight so even with my 1.1kg loss this week I still havent made it to my pre-chirstmas weight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->